ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z170m oc formula

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bytes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 10:43pm
Downloaded the new bios a few days ago and so far they are a lot better. Theres a lot more options to tweak (the bios looked a bit sparse before) and so far iv been able to get into them every time. There's still some random freezing but i find if i leave it a few minutes it fixes itself every time. On the old bios sometimes it would unfreeze and sometimes it wouldnt and require a hard reset. Hopefuly with future bios updates they will fix it fully.

They could also allow non k users to select the multiplier used for the cpu. On an older i3-3000 series cpu with an ASrock board i was able to underclock the cpu by specifying a lower multiplier. With there new top of the range board and latest cpu's i cant. Its probably Intel being ***** but if they can get around it so i can use a lower multiplier than my x37 that would be great Smile

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by bytes bytes wrote:

Hi, does anyone know if the z170m OC Formula is going to get a bios upgrade to support the new Intel Kaby Lake cpu's.

It looks like a lot of motherboards including H series, B series and the lower down Z series have already gotten bios upgrades. Its just weird that ASock's top of the line and most expensive motherboards dont.

Thanks

The UEFI update for Kaby Lake is there now, dated 11/17/16. We won't be seeing Kaby Lake processors until 2017, so really no hurry for that UEFI update.

Any of the ASRock, Intel 100 series chipset boards that have a 7.xx UEFI version are Kaby Lake compatible.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170M%20OC%20Formula/?cat=Download&os=BIOS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic