ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock C2550D4i wont boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock C2550D4i wont boot
    Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 3:24am
Hello,

I have been running a NAS box for the past 10 months with no issues using the ASRock C2550D4i motherboard. On that board I have 32 GB Ram (4x8GB) Crucial, 3 x HD, 2 x Fans, a 300 Watt Be-quiet power supply and a Lian PC-Q25 case.

Everything was running just fine until yesterday when suddenly as I was using box I was disconnected. I tried to connect again but I just was not able to so. Then I try connecting to the IPMI management interface and notice that the board was not displaying anything on the gui. I tried rebooting the box but nothing. I try rebooting the entire box (including IPMI -- Hard Reset) but still nothing.

Then I tried removing and swamping the ram sticks, tried removing all hard drives and keeping only one ram memory on the A1 slot, tried resetting cmos but still nothing.

I can connect to the IPMI just fine but the box does not seem to boot up (does not even display POST messages). There is nothing displayed on the VGA and many of the sensors seems unavailable

e.x.

NormalMB TemperatureNot Available
NormalCPU TemperatureNot Available

Also I have notice that although under "Power Control and Status" it says  "Host is currently on" on the "Remote Control" it always reports that "Host is powered OFF or in Sleep Mode".

Does anybody has any ideas? I have already contact ASRock support but still no answer.

Edited by phanos - 18 Nov 2016 at 3:30am
phanos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 9:07pm
How come and nobody has any comments? I am the only one with this issue? I found numerous cases on the internet where these board are either dead or refusing to boot.

JellyBeans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JellyBeans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:41am
Did you manage to resolve this issue? Having the exact same problem. Board has been running just fine for 2 years but just stopped. No POST, IPMI works fine but nothing happens upon powering the system up (fans go on, that's it). Many sensors including the MB and CPU temp are 'Not Available' despite the board being powered on according to the IPMI.
omega552003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omega552003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 12:34pm
Similar problem 6 months back with a AD2550B-itx. I know its a different board, but same problem running fine then nothing.
phanos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phanos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 8:15pm
Hi,

I end up RMA the board back to ASRock. The board was dead just like that without warning. Board temp and conditions where more than ideal.

It took more than a month to get the replacement board back but I have to admin that the asrock support was very helpful. However I never got an answer back from them why this has happen and how often this problem appears to happen. I am currently afraid to use the same board again since what I have read online this will probably happen again soon. So right now I am considering switching to some other solution since Asrock refuses to comment about how stable this solution is.

Edited by phanos - 23 Dec 2016 at 8:18pm
maoueh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maoueh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 7:34am
I have the exact same problem. A board that was working for quite some time now (~ 18 months) and someday, tried to access it and was not reachable. Did exactly as you did @phanos, tried first VGA, waited minutes not video output. Change cable, waited longer nothing to do. Remove RAM and tried with without, mixed single, still nothing. 

Went to IPMI web client, sensors and stuff seem to work but console redirection is just always black. 

Than, read more replies and seems that the root cause of the problem might be an Intel bug on C2000 chip families which are the processor family used by C2550D4i/C2750D4i. See posts:
  * http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4376&PN=1&title=intels-atom-c2000-chips-are-bricking-products
  * http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4562&KW=C2550D4i&title=intel-clock-issue-c2550d4i-c2750d4i-rma-process

Guess I have no choice than to contact ASRock.

goudduif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goudduif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:41pm
What's happens with this board?
It now the third time that this happens for me.
The first time was after around 10 months,when I contact support they tell me, that it can take around six weeks before the board returned.
So I had no other choice then buy a new one.

When I receive them back, I put them on a save place so I've a spare one.
It's around two years later, then the second one failed as well.
And it's really unbelievable, the one that was repaired run's one week.

I spent around 700 euro, and It runs for around two years, 
This is really expensive!! 
Anyone know how This can quickly fixed?
I can't wait for weeks, before the NAS is back online.
I don't like it to buy a new one again.
If I need buy a new one Which one do I need? Or is Supromicro an better one?
goudduif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goudduif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:02pm
SmileIn my Previous post, I was so negative,
Today I call Asrock, to tell them this story, and ask them to explain this to me.
It's the Intel BUG, and they offer to replace both boards.
So I'm satisfied with their support!
Smile

Edited by goudduif - 26 Apr 2018 at 10:02pm
asriznet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asriznet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:59am
Does it mean the replaced board is not affected by the Intel Bug?

Is there a documentation about this Intel Bug?

My board has started showing signs of failure as well and keeps powering down itself abruptly.

1 of my WD Red drives was even replaced as it stopped being detected by the system.

Whenever it shuts off itself, I have to run fsck to repair my drives.
jiet1750 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiet1750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:07pm
Same just happened to me.  Without any warning, the board won't boot at all!  AngryAngry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic