ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tai Chi - Bios Bug (Boot order)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tai Chi - Bios Bug (Boot order)
    Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 4:55am
I installed a new M.2 SSD (P50 Pro 256) and it didn't show up in the boot order on the "Easy" front page.  After "some time" I stumbled onto the problem.  If  I right click the only drive showing (another storage SSD), suddenly all my other drives appeared.  This is consistent.  Learning how to deal with installing 7 onto a NVME was hard enough, but this adding to the pain and confusion. 

My BIOS is updated to the latest as of this date
6800k, 64GB 2400 RAM, M.2 NVME 950 Pro, 2x850 pros, 3x4tb NAS drives, 2xUSB

Happens regardless of CSM settings or any other as far as I can tell.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016 at 9:37am
Originally posted by ajsrock ajsrock wrote:

I installed a new M.2 SSD (P50 Pro 256) and it didn't show up in the boot order on the "Easy" front page.  After "some time" I stumbled onto the problem.  If  I right click the only drive showing (another storage SSD), suddenly all my other drives appeared.  This is consistent.  Learning how to deal with installing 7 onto a NVME was hard enough, but this adding to the pain and confusion. 

My BIOS is updated to the latest as of this date
6800k, 64GB 2400 RAM, M.2 NVME 950 Pro, 2x850 pros, 3x4tb NAS drives, 2xUSB

Happens regardless of CSM settings or any other as far as I can tell.

What is the boot order entry for your 950 Pro?

Was the 950 Pro in the boot order before you installed Windows 7 on it?

When using a fully configured UEFI booting OS installation (CSM Disabled), the only entry in the Boot Order is the OS drive, regardless of the type of drive it is, SATA, PCIe, or PCIe NVMe.

I never use Easy Mode on my ASRock X99 board, since it does not have that option... not that I would use it if it was available.

Right clicking did something in the Easy Mode UI? I'll need to try that on my Z170 board.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic