ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drivers and BIOS question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SzImre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drivers and BIOS question
    Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 10:10pm
Greetings

I have a Asrock Fatal1ty Performance H97 and that would be my question as to why older drivers are more difficult on the home page, such as the "Intel Management Engine" driver ver: 10.0.0.1204. For other manufacturers have updated drivers ver: 10.0.31.1000 or later. Although I believe that these are stable, but I still like to keep up the driver, especially such prominent company.
The other question, which is whether the bios by default it is ver 1.10 this want to upgrade Instant Flash, but you can go straight to the latest version works must be version 2.30 or another. Although I know that works, you should not poke, but I also includes updates and improvements, and the new graphics card (Radeon R9 380) work well in full.

Thank you in advance for your response.

ps. The product is very satisfied with'm fine, and I hope it will remain so.

I'm sorry if it is difficult to understand, but I know very bit English.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 11:19pm
Hi and welcome to the forums Smile

Ok let me see if I understood you correctly. You want the latest version of the IME driver and the one listed on your motherboard support page is not the latest?

First of all, the IME driver is not really necessary for your system to function properly, if you do not use the features it provides (most people do not) then you may as well not even install it. When it comes to drivers the only one that is important to keep up to date is your Graphics Driver. All the other drivers should generally be left alone if they are working properly. 

As for the bios, the latest version contains all previous updates so just flash to the latest one Wink
SzImre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SzImre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 12:47am
Thanks for the answer, then I will do so.

In Windows 10, you will be issued new driver from the website?

Edited by SzImre - 13 Jul 2015 at 12:52am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 12:59am
Windows 10 should come with most drivers for your motherboard already present. The only things you will likely need to get drivers for are your addon cards like your Graphics card.
SzImre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SzImre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 2:52am
Okay, thank you for your answer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic