ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

am1h-itx fan cpu fan issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vesoljc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: am1h-itx fan cpu fan issue
    Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 10:36pm
Hello,

I've had the am1h-itx for a couple of months now, quite happy with it. I built an htpc with it:
athlon 5350
4gb corsair ram
128 crucial ssd
itx box with 90w psu
win 8.1

The fan profile is set to silent, which works great, browsing & video playback don't push it enough to hit higher rpms and the pc is almost completely silent. OS power profile is set to sleep mode after 30 minutes.

The issue I'm having is, that after a few hours of sleep mode, the fan start getting louder and louder. For example, after an evening movie, I manually turn the pc off into sleep mode. At that point the fan turns off, video output from the board is gone (no signal warning on screen) and the pc seems to properly sleep. If I press a keybard key, the pc wakes up and the desktop is shown again. All good. If I then leave the pc in sleep mode and come back after a few hours, the fan is spinning like crazy. If I turn the tv on, the "no signal" is still there. If i press a key, fan immediately stops (or drops rpm to silent) and the desktop is shown again.

I've got the latest drivers and I'm using the latest bios (1.5). Any ideas what might be wrong or what to try?

Thanks
vesoljc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vesoljc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 3:08am
shameless bump :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic