FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Z170 Pro4s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 11:30pm
I wouldn't know what to recommend, I used the one that came with my Corsair H105 AIO cooler. As a general rule I would go for something in a medium price range and avoid the super cheap and super expensive. 
Znastyyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znastyyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 11:16pm
Thanks for the reply. That is what I am confused about. If CHA_FAN 1 is working properly then so should CHA_FAN 2 right? I mean there is zero difference between them regarding fan model and such. Which splitter would you recommend using as I have ordered a separate SP 120 RGB to use as an exhaust fan in CHA_FAN 3. So I would need to have 2 fans plugged into either CHA_FAN 1 or 2 assuming I can get it working properly.

Edited by Znastyyy - 07 Dec 2016 at 11:20pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 10:25pm
CHA_FAN 2 should work but CHA_FAN 3 is a full speed header and is not controllable, at least it isn't on my Z170 Pro4s. Make sure your temperature source is set to motherboard not CPU.

The fan headers on the Pro4s are limited (not many of them) because it is a budget oriented Z170 board but yes, you can use fan splitters. I use a fan splitter on my Corsair H105 for my radiator fans and they both are controlled by CHA_FAN 2 without issue. I should note however that they are both 4 pin PWM fans.
Znastyyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znastyyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2016 at 10:12pm
Hello everyone,
I just completed my first build and everything (apart from this) is running smoothly. For my build I chose the Corsair 460x RGB case which comes with 3 Corsair SP 120 RGB fans mounted in the front. Whilst completing my build I plugged 2 out of the 3 fans into the front panel, 4-pin, CHA_FAN 1 and CHA_FAN 2 headers on my  Asrock z170 Pro4s motherboard. The last fan I plugged into the 3-pin, CHA_FAN 3 header which is located towards the rear I/O. Now the problem is when I adjust my fan speeds either using Asrocks A-Tuning software or the BIOS, it will only change the fan speeds of my CPU fan and the CHA_FAN 1. The fans plugged into CHA_FAN 2 and CHA_FAN 3 are still running at full speed of 1500 RPMs. I should also note that in both the BIOS and A-Tuning it is showing the fan speeds set to "silent" mode and the fan speeds as a percentage correlated to motherboard temperature and the Corsair SP 120 RGB fans are 3-pin. Anyone know how to fix this? Also I need to get a splitter so I can an extra SP 120 RGB fan as an exhaust fan.

Thanks is advance for the responses
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic