ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x99E ITX/AC and Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JoeMamma!! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeMamma!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 7:00am
Thanks Xaltar. Since my SM951 is the 512gb version I may need to update the bios. Do you know if it is hard to update the bios on the ASRock upfront without having an OS installed? This is a new build.

I am thinking about installing the M.2, powering up the computer and update bios before installing windows. Does this sound right?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:30am
I made you your own thread here and posted some instructions that are now moot as you have no OS installed yet.... lol
Jcannon83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jcannon83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 3:26am
Should I create a new thread? I didnt want to clutter the place up with the same issues.#

Xaltar, I can't install CPUz as I haven't got windows running just yet, Literally just turning the machine on the first time tonight.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 2:36am
Yes, you should be able to use the SM951 as a boot device with the X99E ITX/AC. If memory serves it does not even require a bios update as it is a new model released after the SM951. There is one update available to add support for larger memory modules however.
JoeMamma!! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeMamma!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 2:08am
I am building a new PC with the x99E ITX/AC and wondered if anyone has tried using a Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD with it? I looked at other forum posts for ASRock MBs using the Samsung XP941 (previous version) with success. The product user manual does list the SM951 as a supported module so I guess the real question is are there any issues encountered when using an M.2 SSD on this board minus a possible bios update. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Edited by JoeMamma!! - 09 Jul 2015 at 2:22am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic