ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serial number confusion :( Letter O or Zero?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote percythetrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Serial number confusion :( Letter O or Zero?
    Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:10am
Hi everyone, sorry to bring up something unrelated to the motherboard itself but I've been trying to complete a rebate and I'm having trouble figuring out if the letter I'm looking at is a number zero or a capital letter "o." 

This is a Z170 Extreme6 motherboard, if anyone can give me a hint I'd be grateful. I don't want the rebate to go awry because of this.

The number goes something like this (will fill in some numbers with "#"

##MOXE####O5

I tried comparing the two "O's" but they look the same to me. 

Both the one in the "word" MOXE and the one in O5

Then again it could be two zeroes.

It's the same on this picture (from ASRock website). All of the round symbols look the same. Do you think these are all letter O's or all zeroes?

Same thing here

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:19am
Zero, as in 0

As it is confusing, 0 vs O, most if not all manufacturers do not use the letter O
percythetrain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote percythetrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:25am
Thanks Wardog! That's good to know :) 

It does look more like a zero than a letter o now that you mention it, but definitely confusing if one thinks there are both letter o's and zeroes. My dad was pretty positive it was a letter but I figured I'd find out for sure :)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:37am
Meh, your dad have his glasses on when he looked? J/k as I'm approaching 60 myself

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote percythetrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 11:53am
He does has trouble with his vision, but it's been that way when he was younger too, huge glasses LOL 

Btw what kind of memory do you recommend with this mb? :)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:10pm
Why G.Skill of course.

Compatible memory G.Skill themselves tested and guarantees on your Z170 Extreme6:
http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=52&chip=2484&model=2513

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote percythetrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:38pm
Thanks! will look for deals on one of these in the next few weeks :)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by percythetrain percythetrain wrote:

Thanks! will look for deals on one of these in the next few weeks :)

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic