ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Motherboards Compare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motherboards Compare
    Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:13pm
Can anyone tells me better of this two motherboards. I need it for little bit of gaming :) 
Asrock FM2A88M EXTREME4+ R2.0
or
Asrock FM2A78 PRO4+, FM2
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:22pm
Asrock FM2A88M EXTREME4+ R2.0 is obviously the better board Wink It is based on a newer chipset and is part of ASRock's Extreme product line which is a tier up from the Pro line.
Kogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:24pm
And its good for a some gaming stuff?? :)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:27pm
That depends on what you use it with Wink

What other parts are you planning to get?
Kogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:35pm
My plan is

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88M EXTREME4+ R2.0
CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 845 (3.5 GHz, 3.8 GHz Boost)
Memory: Transcend 8GB 1333MHz (2x4GB)
PSU NaviaTec 500W NVT-ML500W 
GPU: XFX RX 460 2GB DDR5

Edited by Kogs - 13 Jan 2017 at 4:36pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:45pm
Looks good, you should be able to manage 1080p with medium to high settings in current games with that setup Thumbs Up

My only caution is the power supply, always go with an established brand. I would look for something from Corsair, Zalman, Evga, Cooler Master etc. Most good brands have budget power supplies. Most decent power supplies have an 80+ bronze or better rating. For that system a 400w decent brand PSU would be more than adequate.  

Edited by Xaltar - 13 Jan 2017 at 4:46pm
Kogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:48pm
Yeah i know but i allrdy buy all that, only motherboard today. I will buy better PSU in few weeks but for now i hope this one will be fine. I dont heed 1080p on new games i ned good graphic on WoW :P :P 
But ty guys i hope everythink will be fine :)

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:52pm
The other components look good and should be more than enough to max out WoW graphics settings. My GTX 960 runs wow maxed out with AA at 100+ FPS and the RX 460 is only a little bit slower. You will love it Wink

I would replace that PSU as soon as you are able, bargan bin PSUs have a nasty habit of burning out and damaging the rest of your system. It is the one component I never compromise on, even in an ultra budget build. Your build has some reasonably expensive components in it, you wouldn't want to have the cheap PSU damage them should it die and cause harm to the system.

Edited by Xaltar - 13 Jan 2017 at 4:53pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:58pm
Just as a side note, well done Approve

That is a very nicely balanced system for gaming, all the parts compliment each other and shouldn't cause any bottlenecks. We all too often see people trying to save too much on one element and then going overboard on another only to have the budget components bottleneck the system.

The only element you got wrong was the PSU but that is a common mistake, most people don't understand how important a decent power supply is, both for stability and for the safety of your investment. 
Kogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 3:21am
Everythink works but i got 5 beeps on startup. Can anyone tell me what is that?????
All components are compatible
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic