ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 Beeps on startup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 Beeps on startup
    Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 7:31pm
Hy guys i need help.
I'm using ASRock FM2A88M Extreme4+ R2.0 motherboard and AMD Athlon II x4 845 CPU
I get 5 beeps on start up and PC wont start. I take my CPU to the service and they say its working fine. DO i need BIOS upgrade on taht motherboard for that CPU. Because on motherboard page say its needed 1.80 BIOS and i dont know version on my motherboad. 
Ty all
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 8:15pm
Look at the sticker on your BIOS chip, if it is not 1.8 or higher then that is most likely the problem. Sorry, I missed your comment in the other thread.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 8:30pm
Kogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 8:30pm
Because when i start PC instant 5 beeps and BIO sode say its proc error i think. Then service say CPU is fine. I dont know mabye motherboard is broken

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 8:38pm
Check the white sticker on the BIOS chip (highlighted in red on the pic I posted).

If the BIOS version is earlier than p1.8 then that is why you can't post. If this is the case then you can either order a new BIOS chip or take the board to a store and get them to flash it for you.
Kogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 8:42pm
Ok ty for help :)
I'm just hoping mobo is not broken :)

Edited by Kogs - 16 Jan 2017 at 8:49pm
Kogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 9:57pm
BIOS Chip say P1.80 :( still 5 beeps
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:30pm
Do you have a graphics card installed yet?

I didn't ask this before because in your other thread you listed a graphics card. 5 beeps is usually no graphics card detected. Athlon 845 does not have built in graphics.
Bodycount View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodycount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 4:50am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Do you have a graphics card installed yet?

I didn't ask this before because in your other thread you listed a graphics card. 5 beeps is usually no graphics card detected. Athlon 845 does not have built in graphics.

I second this!

When I build my own first pc I had everything installed and I thought everything was plugged in.

When I checked the cables to my gfx card and came to the conclusion that my MSI Radeon R390 didn't have all the slots (or squares) filled. I had to grab one of my cables that I got with my AMD motherboard and use that instead of the cables provided with my new installed GFX card.

This might be a overlooked mistake and one a newbie like me could make by not knowing this stuff, haha.

Also check if your power supply has the required Watts to run everything through!

Good luck! :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic