ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFI OROM updates for the X79 Extreme9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UEFI OROM updates for the X79 Extreme9
    Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 4:04am
How soon do you plan to update the UEFI/BIOS for the X79 Extreme9 motherboard? 
I would like to see that you do not forget about supporting users who do not plan to upgrade hardware when moving to Windows 10! I hope to see in the new UEFI updates for Intel and Marvell Option ROM controllers as well or some new features... 
P.S. Thank you for the excellent motherboard that works flawlessly for several years! I hope our love affair with her is not over so quickly ))
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 4:28am
Not upgrading hardware aside,  why do you need a UEFI update for windows 10, You don't.

The Option ROM's and UEFI  EFI Sata ROM/ Driver do not need a update for windows 10.  Nor do the Marvell 9172 or 9220,  they are topped out for speed as is,  no matter what firmware they update to.

The 13 series Intel Option ROM and EFI ROM/Driver are faster than the 14 series, newest ROM's. 

Remember you have ROM switch, you can run the RST or the RSTe enterprise, either way, the 14 isn't faster.

The 11 series has the record for speed.

Edited by odiebugs - 18 Jul 2015 at 4:35am
asrocking
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 12:59pm
Thanks Odiebugs you are correct. There is no need for a bios update in order to support windows 10. 

Welcome to the forums Smile
Romix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 10:41pm
Ok
1. I have latest UEFI/BIOS v.4.0 with iRST(e) OROM 12.7.0.1936, you said that v.11 or v.13 best...
If I have 12.7.0.1936 why can not I update at least to the v.12.9.0.2006 or 13(13.5)/14(14.5) branch's?
2. My ME version 8.1.40.1416 but exist fresh Intel ME Firmware v8.1.52.1496 and newer... With Intel, everything is clear...
3. What you say about Marvell 9172 & especially 9220 controllers which have new BIOS v1.0.0.1024 (I have 1.0.0.1005) and firmwares v2.3.0.1063 (I have 2.3.0.1020), I use HyperDuo with most fastest SSD OCZ Vector 180 and for me this little things are critical...
4. BCM57781 have too fresh firmware and drivers...
5. All drivers for x79 Series on ASRock support site mostly outdated, we need search for them yourself? USB 3.0 drivers need to be updated too because these drivers fail the connection at regular intervals.

You misunderstand me, because I use on my MB four different Raid array on 3 different controllers with attached 8 HDD's & 4 SSD's and any little thing for me is very important! 
Thank you for reply!

Edited by Romix - 19 Jul 2015 at 10:57pm
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 4:05am
Let me start with a few things. You first wanted support for win 10, and you can have it with what ASrock has. 

Now, say you owned ASrock and you start adding all these UEFI updates and all of a sudden 5000 people start screaming I hate you.  You wouldn't be happy.

You are given stable drivers and UEFI ROM's hardware. 

If you want to be in the Beta or testing lane you need to learn how to do these things yourself. 

You need to learn how to inject the ROM's,  force drivers in and deal with the problems that  each one can throw at you. 

Now as for drivers, ROM's. There is no exact science, and each chipset, CPU and any OC you do to the PCI can have small variations in benching.  Most times you will never see them in windows running Apps, Software, Games.  

Now to Marvell,  only if these new BIOS and ROM's are made for your board will a board MFG pass them on, most times they are out for certain models of boards and not every chip.  I have seen sveral Marvell 9172 firmware's made for ASUS that people  extracted and put online and everyone wanted them and wondered why their board MFG didn't post it.  I was getting 540MB reads off the 9172, and after upgrading through 5 of the newest firmware just before retiring the board it was 520.  If you think the newest means the fastest, you might learn different.  Remember new ROM's can have new flaws.

If you are intent on upgrading these roms. Head over to Tweaktown forums and look for ASrock TSD members. 

Ask them nicely to mod a BIOS/UEFI newest one for you, and give them links to the actual ROM files,  I think they will do it for you. 

The best RST  Option ROM appears to be the  13.2.4.1000, now you will need to try all the drivers to find the best match. 

I love OCZ and have over 10 of their drives and over 30 out in builds, but there not the fastest SSD, and now PCI-e NVME is even smoking Sata 3 for benching. 

Last thing, this is a ASrock site, so I won't go against what ASrock recomends, but on the internet there are numerous sites for modding. Easy to find. And remember also, now that Intel has added TRIM support to the RSTe enterprise, you can also run it and bench it for speed. 

Edited by odiebugs - 20 Jul 2015 at 4:30am
asrocking
Romix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 5:38am
Originally posted by odiebugs odiebugs wrote:

Let me start with a few things. You first wanted support for win 10, and you can have it with what ASrock has...
Why do you answer me? Why are you giving me your tips? I need an answers from ASRock support team and not from you dear odiebugs!
I know by myself what the best and how to update the firmware or change anything in UEFI/BIOS/OROM, but I do not want to lose the guarantee for my MB... I don't want do it by myself because I paid ASRock the money for support it! I wish that my hardware was updated instead of buying a new. I do not want to wait for years for updates or find them by myself, I don't have a lot of time for experiments! I do not intend to install Windows 10 now, I'm not going to install it for at least a year, but by the time when I install it, everything should work like before or more stable...
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 6:33am
This is a forum for people to help with problems  before sending a support ticket. If you need TECH support from ASrock. 

Go to the  ASrock website and look for the words SUPPORT, just let them know you want the newest ROM's, drivers ASAP, I bet they'll help you quickly get the newest driver and ROM's, and give you info for next year when you want them for win 10.  

We don't update the UEFI here, it's done by ASrock techs not the forums site..  

Have a great day. 

Edited by odiebugs - 20 Jul 2015 at 6:33am
asrocking
Romix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 5:03am
odiebugsThank you so much! 
I will continue to wait for official support, and answers to my questions from them here!
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 5:49am
Thank's for the kind words.  I should have pointed out at the top of this sits page is a list in orange on top right,  there is a support link, that is direct to support.

If you'll notice, today a ASRock tech was here but only answered two question, and you know I hate to see you wait, so your best bet is to take your request right to them so you don't have to wait. 

I also have to say thanks as I have two X79's and it will be great when I don't have to inject the ROM's myself and have the newest drivers on the DL page.   

I hope you buy a new Z97 soon and have them do the same, with my Z97,  I have to remove the lock on the UEFI or you can't flash the modded UEFI to the board. 

Edited by odiebugs - 23 Jul 2015 at 6:17am
asrocking
Romix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 6:07am
Only on x99 maybe Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic