ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sudden 'Sleepmode' without recovery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodycount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sudden 'Sleepmode' without recovery
    Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 5:51am
Hi!

I've had this problem occuring to me in the last 2 weeks or so.
Ever since these weeks my pc suddenly shuts down and goes into a 'sleepmode' stage.
The red LED on the front remains on constantly, too. But this could be a connected cable that got switched.

When I try to reboot, my coolings fans won't spin but the gfx card lights up like it should..
Everything else (Hardware related) just remains off; such as my keyboard, headset and mouse. Neither do I have any visual on my screen (It just shows 'no connection' and turns itself off like it isn't connected)

I cant turn my pc off like it should, it just doesn't respond at all.
The only way to turn off the power is by flipping the switch on the back of the case. Flipping it and turning it back on doesn't solve this problem.

What -does- fix this is; disconnecting & reconnecting all the cables leading to my power supply.
Also switching out my current gfx card with an older one. This gives me the option to get into my BIOS and reinstalling Windows 10 (Which I did, clean install and all.)

But I think that's just sitting on a timebomb waiting for the next 'sleepmode' shutdown untill I can find a solution to this..?
I personally don't think this is faulty towards the gfx card since it has been working fine and isn't even half a year old.
Instead i'm eye'ing angry towards the powersupply since it's still stock and might not be able to handle the required Watts (?) but I could be wrong here..

This is why I turn to you, wonderful techies at the ASRock forum. :)

Specs:
Processor : AMD FX- 8350 Eight Core Proc.
Gfx card : Radeon R9 390X Gaming 8G
Power Supply : Sharkoon WPM-600w Bronze
Cooling system : Corsair Hydro H55 Series
SSD Card : Samsung SSD 750 evo 250gb
MoBo : ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0

(Excusez moi for any spelling errors I overlooked, I'm a Dutchy. :)  )

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 8:19am
You watercool. Do you also provide a fan to blow over the MB's VRM section as you should be? DO NOT TOUCH but instead run the backs of your fingers closely over the VRMs on the board. They should radiate warm but not scalding hot.

Have a friend with a suitable PSU you could borrow to test with?

How old is the WPM600W? Sharkoon, 'nuf said.

Bodycount View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodycount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 2:21am
I both switched out my Crosair 4GB Memory banks from slot 1 & 2 to 3 & 4
The memory banks were not warm at all when I waited for another 'shutdown' (which happend in the first 5 minutes of booting up..)

I switched them both back to slot 1 & 2 in which they original were placed in.

I'm unlucky on the PSU part, I dont have any other laying around.

The WPM600W Sharkoon is about a year old, I got it when I first started putting things together.

Edited by Bodycount - 26 Jan 2017 at 2:28am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Bodycount Bodycount wrote:

The memory banks were not warm at all when I waited for another 'shutdown' (which happend in the first 5 minutes of booting up..)

No, no. Not the memory banks/slots/sticks.

On the other side of the CPU socket. The 5 chokes and the black heatsink.

Edited by wardog - 26 Jan 2017 at 2:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic