ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

n68-gs4/usb3 problem with CPU Fan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elriba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: n68-gs4/usb3 problem with CPU Fan
    Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 6:16pm
Hello. Two days ago I upgrade my Bios, because i have Win 10 instaled i went to 1.1 ver from 11.10.2015. After it my CPU fan was going mad, from start there was 5-6 000 RPM all the time. In BIOS i saw that isue was in cpu fan settings - there was selected FULL ON option so i put it in to AUTOMATIC. From 2 parameters that are there i pick Target CPU Temp 50*C and Target Fan Speed Level 1 as a start. So till he reach 50*C fan is forking on 1600RPM and its great, but after passing 50*C he is going mad again and instantly reaches 6000RPM.

Can someone please help me with this problem.
Thank You -> elriba@wp.pl
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 10:55pm
Try changing the Level parameter. I believe, IIRC, that it what you're looking for.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by elriba elriba wrote:

Hello. Two days ago I upgrade my Bios, because i have Win 10 instaled i went to 1.1 ver from 11.10.2015. After it my CPU fan was going mad, from start there was 5-6 000 RPM all the time. In BIOS i saw that isue was in cpu fan settings - there was selected FULL ON option so i put it in to AUTOMATIC. From 2 parameters that are there i pick Target CPU Temp 50*C and Target Fan Speed Level 1 as a start. So till he reach 50*C fan is forking on 1600RPM and its great, but after passing 50*C he is going mad again and instantly reaches 6000RPM.

Can someone please help me with this problem.
Thank You -> elriba@wp.pl

When the BIOS is updated on any mother board, all the options are set to their default values, that is normal and always happens. The default setting for the CPU fan speed is Full On with the new BIOS version. That is not an issue or problem, just what was selected as the default value.

The new BIOS version seems to have changed the settings for the CPU Fan speed. The parameters you described does not match what is in your board's manual. I have seen the parameters you described on other ASRock boards, but I'm not sure if you have any other values to choose from.

If you are using Level 1 for the fan speed now, that is the lowest speed you can select. You can set the Target CPU Temperature to a higher value.

Are there any other parameter values for the CPU Fan speed? Do you see one called Custom?

If you put a USB flash drive in a USB port on the IO panel, and go into the BIOS, if you press the F12 key, a picture of the BIOS screen will be saved to the USB flash drive. That way we could see what options you have. Or you could tell us if you have any other values to choose from.

Are you using the AMD CPU cooler that came with your CPU? I think you are, since some of them use a small fan that can run at a very high RPM, 6000 RPM is very high and will be loud.
elriba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elriba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 5:11am
Hi again. I set parameters to -> Target Temp 65*C . Target Fan Speed to Level 3 and i have 2000RPM so its not very loud. In my Bios version there is no Custom option to chose. As fast as i can i will put some screens etc. of Bios. I think this is all i can think off now, high temp. are only when i play so  i think im gonna be good with this solution. Maybe its a matter of box colling ? CPU Fan is not working properly or maybe i fu...ed up with right Bios upgrade ? In HWiNFO64 my bios is 1.1 ver but date of relase is 10/02/2014 (same in systeminfo) and the one i upgraded to was suppose to be from 11/10/2015.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68-GS4USB3%20FX/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Above is site with my BIOS.
If anyone have some sugestions what i did wrong then please, i will be glad to hear them.

Edited by elriba - 28 Jan 2017 at 5:14am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 9:25am
That date is correct. Remember, that date is hard-coded into the BIOS itself.

Strange though that 1.10 on the website is listed as 11/10/2015 yet inside the files date is 10/13/2014. Maybe the Webmaster screwed up on the posting date.

You're golden.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic