ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 Extreme 4 - Full HD Not Working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z270 Extreme 4 - Full HD Not Working
    Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 6:49pm
Hi,

Have spent so much time trying to get this to work and I am still stuck on 1024x768 on 'auto' mode. As below my attempts:

- Disabled CSM
- Enabled/disabled Fast Boot (the function works on UEFI Win10)
- Tried onboard Intel iGPU with HDMI
- Tried HDMI with GTX 980Ti (by default I use DP)
- CMOS jumper reset
- Updated monitor to latest driver
- Updated to latest BIOS revision 1.20
- Can't flash BETA 1.33A? On USB drive, "cannot locate image file"
- Tried to downgrade to 1920x1080 on desktop even

Hardware

- Dell S2716DG G-SYNC monitor (native 2560x1440)
- GALAX HOF GTX 980Ti - Updated to latest BIOS and UEFI capable
- Kingston HyperX DDR4 Memory
- Intel 6600K CPU

I have searched online for solutions, but I'm exhausted. I know my PC works 100% but this issue is annoying me, as I used to own an MSI Z170 and that full HD BIOS/UEFI worked great on that so was thinking if it was my monitor (its a modern and expensive Dell).

I genuinely feel like returning this board because of it, but I hope that someone here can assist as I do like the board.

Edited by MicD - 29 Jan 2017 at 7:18pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 8:14pm
So I'm clear, this is in only the BIOS that this is happening?
MicD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 8:17pm
Yes.
MicD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 8:22pm
This user had the same issue but I can't see if resolved or not.
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3108&title=wrong-resolution-in-uefi-setup-menu

What's strange is that for some people the onboard Intel GPU works in full HD BIOS/UEFI but mine is still not working when attempted.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by MicD MicD wrote:

I genuinely feel like returning this board because of it

Oh settle down and take a breath.LOL

Think about it for a second. All the MB sees through the PCIe bus is the signal from the PCIe video card. This is between the 980to and the Dell monitor as those two are the ones communicating between themselves. Not the MB and monitor.

I'll venture if you use the 6600's iGPU this doesn't happen. This would be MB to monitor, vs video card to monitor.

Is either the 980ti or the S2716DG G-SYNC newly added?

clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 1:48am
Do you have more than ONE video output/input connected to your monitor simultaneously?
Only use ONE for trouble shooting. If you have D-DVI or DP us that. D-DVI is better.
Reset your monitor display settings to factory default (just for testing).

In UEFI, F6, go to Advance menu and select Advance as your default UEFI menu,...AUTO for resolution.

Did you make any changes to the UEFI for display output? iGPU or PCI?

Shut down your PC. switch off the power supply, disconnect the power plug,....wait a minute or so or press the PC power button to discharge the power supply. Reconnect power cord, switch on PS and power up the PC.

Does the UEFI still show in 1024x768 with one video input connected?

MicD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 5:59am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

I'll venture if you use the 6600's iGPU this doesn't happen. This would be MB to monitor, vs video card to monitor.

Is either the 980ti or the S2716DG G-SYNC newly added?

I've tried the iGPU as mentioned, using HDMI as the ONE cable, Monitor>MB. Its still 1024x768 and Full HD as "auto" in advanced mode. I was hoping this would at LEAST work... Nope! Even with CSM disabled/enabled, there seems to be no difference.

The ASRock Z270 is the newest. All hardware was working 100% compatible when I had the MSI Z170 board displaying a Full HD UEFI.

Edited by MicD - 30 Jan 2017 at 6:03am
MicD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 6:20am
Originally posted by clubfoot clubfoot wrote:

Do you have more than ONE video output/input connected to your monitor simultaneously? Only use ONE for trouble shooting. If you have D-DVI or DP us that. D-DVI is better. 

No, I only use one output and that is DP. But I have been testing between HDMI/DP.
Unfortunately I cannot use D-DVI as the Dell S2716DG only has HDMI & DP. And I only have one monitor to test on hand.

Reset your monitor display settings to factory default (just for testing).
I will try this a bit later, thanks.

In UEFI, F6, go to Advance menu and select Advance as your default UEFI menu,...AUTO for resolution.
This has always been on AUTO for obvious reasons. There really should be an ON to force Full HD... 

Did you make any changes to the UEFI for display output? iGPU or PCI?
I was testing as below (under Chipset config menu)
  • If 980Ti - PCI as default and Onboard as disabled 
Tested using HDMI and DP. Only difference is HDMI cannot handle 144hz (desktop) unlike DP. Both still low res when UEFI when booting.
  • If iGPU - PCI express not chosen (forgot other option name) and Onboard is enabled
Anything else that I need to change?

Does the UEFI still show in 1024x768 with one video input connected?
Yes unfortunately since I have installed it, it has never been displayed in Full HD. I also have only used one cable (DP) due to the 144hz capability.
I am just frustrated as mentioned, it worked on an MSI Z170 using the same hardware, same cables but this ASRock board just isn't playing ball.

Edited by MicD - 30 Jan 2017 at 6:21am
Raptorta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raptorta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 6:37am
Enable CSM and Force "Video OProm policy" to legacy only.
MicD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Raptorta Raptorta wrote:

Enable CSM and Force "Video OProm policy" to legacy only.

I could try this for testing purposes only. What about the other two options - PXE and Storage OpROM, shoud they be Legacy/UEFI only/Do not launch?

I can confirm that Fast Boot works when CSM disabled of course, but happy to test above.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic