ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 Extreme 4 CPU Bracket

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mego34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99 Extreme 4 CPU Bracket
    Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 1:16am
I just purchased an X99 ASRockExtreme4. I'm trying to install my CPU cooler, but the CPU bracket that it comes installed with is stopping me since I can't fit my heatsinks screws and backplate since I can't get these screws out. I'm not sure what I'm overlooking. You can see the screws from the backplate in the link provided, but I have no idea how to remove them.

Edited by Mego34 - 20 Jul 2015 at 1:50am
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 2:06am
Welcome to the board.

Can you please post the exact model number of this cooler you bought for the LGA 2011-3. 

There's more than one.  And also most coolers have hardware for several sockets. 

This way we can see if the cooler calls for it to be removed. Thanks.
asrocking
Mego34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mego34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 2:13am
Originally posted by odiebugs odiebugs wrote:

Welcome to the board.

Can you please post the exact model number of this cooler you bought for the LGA 2011-3. 

There's more than one.  And also most coolers have hardware for several sockets. 

This way we can see if the cooler calls for it to be removed. Thanks.

Yes, I have a Prolimatech Rev B. I've tried to assemble with the provided backplate, but I can't fit the screws for the Prolimatech in this mobo. Also thanks for the welcome and the response. This was driving me mad figuring this out.

Edited by Mego34 - 20 Jul 2015 at 2:18am
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 2:45am
This is not made for your motherboard.

Real sorry,  it's a nice cooler and one of the top coolers.

P.S. Thanks for the thanks, and again I'm sorry this won't work on your motherboard and please don't try and make it work.

If your case can use it, you should try a Corsair H80i or 100i, a very nice cooler sealed liquid. 

Edited by odiebugs - 20 Jul 2015 at 2:54am
asrocking
Mego34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mego34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 2:55am

This is not made for your motherboard, why did you get it and why are you trying to use it ??? 

Real sorry,  it's a nice cooler and one of the top coolers.

P.S. Thanks for the thanks, and again I'm sorry this won't work on your motherboard and please don't try and make it work.

If your case can use it, you should try a Corsair H80i or 100i, a very nice cooler sealed liquid. 

Is there a list or sort that will tell me whats compatible with this motherboard then? Because I've had this Cooler for ages, and I'm not a fan of CIO.
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 3:00am
Yes, the link to newegg you posted has it. 

This cooler is only compatible with a LGA, 1155, 1366, 775 sockets. 

First you see MODEL, then SPEC- it's second line- COMPATIBILITY- LGA -

Your X99 is a LGA 2011-3 socket, and you must use a cooler made for a socket. 

Actually a cooler for the LGA 2011 will work,  the pin/screw lengths and corners are the same.   
asrocking
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 3:06am
Oops, I'm sorry, I was thinking cooler.  

No, sorry ASrock does not have vendor page for coolers, only memory, CPU, storage. 

But don't worry, just search newegg for a cooler and look down to compatibility, and check the box for coolers that work with the LGA 2011,  or LGA 2011-3. 

All coolers state what socket they will fit. 
asrocking
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 3:08am
Here is one of the best air coolers, if this isn't too much money.

Sorry, for some reason the link to newegg keeps showing the wrong cooler for some reason and I don't want you to see the wrong one. 

Here is the Model number to search for.  NH-D14 SE2011

Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 140mm and 120mm SSO CPU 

Edited by odiebugs - 20 Jul 2015 at 3:15am
asrocking
Mego34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mego34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 3:14am

Here is one of the best air coolers, if this isn't too much money.

Sorry, for some reason the link to newegg keeps showing the wrong cooler for some reason and I don't want you to see the wrong one. 

It's fine, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it, I guess I never realized it didn't support 2011. When it supported every other form factor.
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 3:16am
Appreciate the reply, and sorry it doesn't work I feel bad you need to get another one. 

Best of luck with your search and hope you enjoy your X99.
asrocking
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic