ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

As 990fx Extreme 9 CPUTIN High Temp [Solved]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagformas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: As 990fx Extreme 9 CPUTIN High Temp [Solved]
    Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 3:52am
Hi guys!

I have bought a Asrock 990fx Extreme 9 and AMD 9590.. now i am using a custom watercooling and my CPU has 25ºC or AMD Overdrive say 35ºC margin termic (20ºC Room) but my CPUTIN 70ºC ...it is real? i am very scared.. :(
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 10:40am
Nice system. See my Sig below.

Two things.

1. A must. Have you pulled the clear protective covering off the the three tin shields on the motherboard ?

2. Another must, matter of fact it is required when watercooling. Put an aux fan blowing over the components surrounding the cpu socket. With the better part blowing over the VRMs to the left of the socket, under the tin that has 990FX printed on it.

Edited by wardog - 02 Feb 2017 at 10:41am
sagformas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagformas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 9:21pm
Yes! I have pulled the covers :S but i dont understand.. why if the AS 990FX Extreme 9 have been maked and tested for 9590FX i need a aux fan on the vrm :S

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 10:43pm
The manual states that for the FX 8xxx and 9xxx you need a CPU cooler that blows down onto the VRMs and surrounding components. If you are using water cooling or a tower cooler then an auxiliary fan is needed for that purpose. This is due to the amount of voltage the higher end FX CPUs draw and is a well known issue regardless of board or manufacturer. 
sagformas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagformas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 3:10am
Can you tell me a auxiliary fan for this purpose? amazon? ebay? coolmod? I have got a Corsair ML120 PRO: http://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/leo-waldock/corsair-ml140-and-ml120-fans/ how can i put this fan on the vrm?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 3:28am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

The manual states that for the FX 8xxx and 9xxx you need a CPU cooler that blows down onto the VRMs and surrounding components. If you are using water cooling or a tower cooler then an auxiliary fan is needed for that purpose. This is due to the amount of voltage the higher end FX CPUs draw and is a well known issue regardless of board or manufacturer. 

Exactly.

Along with the FX-9590 you purchased, inside the packaging you should have also found the below paper from AMD stating so also. See #3 on pg1

www.amd.com/Documents/FX-9000-Installation-Guide.pdf
Originally posted by is written in the above link, pg1 is written in the above link, pg1 wrote:

3. Chassis exhaust fan mounted near the motherboard VRM components with at least  35CFM of air flow capacity.

Which ASRock states, rather weakly I may add, on the below page at the top also. Note the red asterisk as that's what Xaltar is referring.

http://asrock.com/mb/AMD/990FX%20Extreme9/index.us.asp?cat=CPU

AMD and ASRock worked hand in hand in designing the 990FX Extreme9. They also realized that although the 9590 would be used with a normal HS/F, the highly preferred means would be as watercooled, which in no way the the pump circulate air over the VRM section.

I sux at describing this yet I hope I got my thoughts across to you concerning, regardless.

sagformas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagformas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 4:06am
Sorry for my ignorance :( .I have tried to place the fan 120mm and it does not fit, Which fan do you recommend? Can i buy a water block for this board?

Edited by sagformas - 03 Feb 2017 at 4:15am
sagformas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagformas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:31am
I have bought a laser thermometer with a case fan 75CFM pushing air to the VRM disipator and check it (photos): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwyzeSh2fR-oMWZtSDBNdFNKY0U?usp=sharing

Backplate of CPU = 43ºC  inside backplate "pcb" 45ºC while the CPU 42ºC OC 5GHZ..behind VRM = 65ºC but on the front disipators ( 990fx letters ) have got only 39ºC-43ºC with the fan. .before the fan 70ºC i dont understand anything! D: it is very confusing! before the fan ... i had got crashes when my cputin 70ºC now if i have 73ºC my pc doesnt crash D:

Edited by sagformas - 03 Feb 2017 at 8:36am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 8:56am
Lost me. Is it or is it not working proper now?

I want to lean towards it working, but ......

Originally posted by sagformas sagformas wrote:

I have bought a laser thermometer with a case fan 75CFM pushing air to the VRM disipator and check it (photos): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwyzeSh2fR-oMWZtSDBNdFNKY0U?usp=sharing

Backplate of CPU = 43ºC  inside backplate "pcb" 45ºC while the CPU 42ºC OC 5GHZ..behind VRM = 65ºC but on the front disipators ( 990fx letters ) have got only 39ºC-43ºC with the fan. .before the fan 70ºC i dont understand anything! D: it is very confusing! before the fan ... i had got crashes when my cputin 70ºC now if i have 73ºC my pc doesnt crash D:

sagformas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagformas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 9:15am
Yes,  Now i have OC to 5,1GHz 38ºC 32 Margin termic  22 Ambient and 73ºC on CPUTIN Is is very rare because this temp is behind motherboard behind of the VRM but in the 990FX Disipator NB the temp is 42ºC MAX with the fan.. before 71º and crash my pc no reply..now I neither understand anything :S Now my PC works but ...why? if the temp also is very high?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic