ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel's Atom C2000 chips are bricking products

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 7:43pm
Hi,

I've probably seen this problem on my C2750D4I twice already.
The 1st MB went dead after about a year.
The 2nd MB went dead in a couple of days.
Just received my 3rd MB. Hope the issue is fixed on this one...

I'll look up the serial numbers when I get home.

Best regards,
Jeroen
FredDB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredDB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:20am
Hi Jeroen,

I'm very curious about the serial of your mother board.
Mine is 69S0XW000...  (... = 3 digits). I bought it end of march 2017.

Fred
jabesse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:43am
Hi,

1st: 4BM0XD016...
2nd: 66M0XD9F0...
3dr: 73S0XW002...

Hope it helps...

Edited by jabesse - 21 Apr 2017 at 5:44am
stewmohr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stewmohr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 9:51am
It if helps, my replacement board that support confirmed has the fix has serial starting 73S0XW003...

wilkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 8:43am
My replacement board has a serial starting with 73S0XW003... and it stopped working after 2 days of use. :/ :/
wanstronian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanstronian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 8:57pm
My 2015-bought C2550 has just bricked. ASRock's RMA page suggests that warranty is only 1 year - can anybody comment?

I'm in the UK so any RMA process is going to take weeks - no access to my data in all that time.

This is really unacceptable. I can either wait for ages in the hope of getting a new board, or change to a non-C2000 board which will mean changing my case, buying SATA controllers etc. and spending a whole lot more.

Really wish I'd just bought an off-the-shelf Netgear ReadyNAS - I'm sure it would still be working right now, and I'd have spent a third of the cost :-(
mellhen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mellhen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 10:03pm
My C2250D4I just broke. Two days ago the System froze without any apparent reason (no temperature or voltage warnings). 

A restart brought it back for a couple of ours. It froze again. Then, when manually restarted it did not show any POST and after a few second it turned it self off. 

I suspected the PSU to be broken and tried three different units. With all three it showed the same symptoms. 

The IPMI is still accessible, but did/does not indicate any problems.

EDIT 1: I contacted my dealer for support, awaiting the reply. Can someone confirm, that ASRock extends the warranty for c2000 bug affected products, as stated here: 

"ASRock Rack: Not seeing major issues from customers yet. Working with a vendor on this issue. Current course of action is to replace boards under three-year warranty."

S/N: 59M0XD001814
Firmware: 0.19.0

EDIT 2: I got a replacement board.

Apparently it was the CPU. ASRockRack Europe replaced the board with a brand new one (including SATA cables, manual, packaging). I am not sure, if they have released a new version with a replacement CPU, but I guess they did. In case this information helps, that's the new S/N:

S/N: 75S0XW003087
Revision: 1.03 (With B0 stepping of Atom CPU)
BMC F/W: 0.30.0

Because I own another potentially affected board with C2750 CPU, the very friendly customer support of  ASRockRack Europe told me: "We now provide 4-year manufacture warranty our C2750D4I and c2550D4I  boards  ; if you ever experienced a sudden No POST with your  board, please contact us. We can run a simple test  to find the telltale sign. If the issue is confirmed, we will help you replace the board under our (extended) warranty policy."

Hope that helps.

Edited by mellhen - 09 Nov 2017 at 6:51pm
wantastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 7:17am
I just wanted to share my update from about a year ago - my second C2750D4I appears to have been hit with the same problem as my first with the ability to no longer POST, no video, powers off after seconds.

I've just fired an e-mail over to the ASRock support guys after reading about the extended 4 year warranty - I really wasn't aware of this, so many thanks for recording this in the forum!  I'm about 4 months from the end of my extended warranty in that case.

Based on what I've read, the newer replacement boards are fixed and no longer exhibit the problems which appear to cause these issues (please correct me if I'm wrong there!).

My plan, assuming the issue is indeed confirmed with ASRock, and a replacement board sent out to me, I'll ensure I update you on this forum to let you know what happens, or if I ever run into any other problems.
wantastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 4:24am
So it turns out from contacting ASRock, they've been very helpful and I've ran through some troubleshooting steps with them - it turns out that a bit of a giveaway seems to be the +3V, +5V, and +12V rails as viewed from the BMC interface - on both of my boards that have failed, these all show as "Not Available".  The CMOS battery voltage also never changes - even if you take the battery out - it's never refreshed.

My other symptoms include the system powering up after being disconnected from the mains for a short while, but never POSTing.  Then, after subsequent power cycles, the board routinely powers itself off after a couple of seconds.

Although they've not gone into any further detail, the above was confirmed by them to be a defective board (after swapping PSU and testing that this wasn't at fault), and I'm happy to say that ASRock have been very quick at confirming the issue and generating an RMA for me with no hassles.

Despite the two issues I've now had with this particular board and me now looking to be sent a third, I cannot fault the support ASRock have provided, and as I believe this is largely not their fault and is predominately all down to the issue with the Intel chip, the fact that ASRock have provided an additional year's extended warranty and been helpful all the way, this alone means I'll buy from them again.

I can't say what would happen if anyone happens to be outside of the now 4 year warranty, I suspect you won't be so lucky, but kudos to ASRock for extending it by a year in the first place!
wantastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 8:50pm
Hi all,

Just thought I'd drop a quick update, ASRock have sent me out a replacement board which I'm yet to test but I'm hopeful this should be the last time it's needed on this.

Just for anybody else's interest, my replacement system serial number starts differently to the others mentioned - 7BS0X.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic