ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maximum PCIe slot power draw for X99 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vegamite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maximum PCIe slot power draw for X99 Taichi
    Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 5:39am
I would like to know what is the maximum allowed power draw is for slots PCIE4 and PCIE5. I am using some I/O accelerators that can use a bit more than 25W but will not unless I change a setting. I don't want to change the setting until I confirm if these slots support up to 75W. I am looking for a statement similar to what Asus has posted here: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/104406/. I didn't find anything in the manual or FAQ.

Thanks!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 7:23am
Originally posted by vegamite vegamite wrote:

I would like to know what is the maximum allowed power draw is for slots PCIE4 and PCIE5. I am using some I/O accelerators that can use a bit more than 25W but will not unless I change a setting. I don't want to change the setting until I confirm if these slots support up to 75W. I am looking for a statement similar to what Asus has posted here: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/104406/. I didn't find anything in the manual or FAQ.

Thanks!

Asus and ASRock are still tight so it wouldn't surprise me if that link is correct.

Yet as Moderators here that's dipping into the deep end of technical questions for us. Use one of the below two contacts to inquire on that particular question please.

Both are in CA so PST Time Zone applies.

Support Phone: 1-909-590-8308
Support Email: support@asrockamerica.com

And if you would HP please post back their answer if you would please. That knowledge may prove helpful down the road on a later date to another User here.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 10:15am

Thanks!

The specs quoted in the Asus link are simply those of the PCIe specification, which must be adhered to by any mother board manufacture.

Please note that the 75W of maximum power is a combination of the +12V and +3.3V rails. Also, there seem to be some restrictions on power limits depending upon the particular card being used.

See Power and Pinout sections (just above Power) in the link below for details on the PCIe power specification:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express#Power
vegamite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegamite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 9:42pm
I got back from support that all x16 slots support up to 75W. Thanks for the help here!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 10:29pm

I got back from support that all x16 slots support up to 75W. Thanks for the help here!

Hopefully you found your answer in their reply.

Thanks for returning and forwarding their answer. It's appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic