ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Networking Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

G10 Router is worst i have ever bought

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radicaldoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G10 Router is worst i have ever bought
    Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 5:49pm
I have to say this router is the worst router i have ever bought. I bought it new on the 3rd of January . And my network has NEVER Been so poor. i upgraded from my trusty TP-LINK TP-WR1043ND because i wanted faster speeds on my network instead i got nothing like and half the coverage  of my old one My TP-LINK covered my entire house and even a little drifting on to the back patio so we could sit out with it..
After reading all the gumph about how good this was and great coverage it was the all singing all dancing Router I bought it instead of  TP-LINK newer one but what a total waste of money the G10 won't even cover half  the house and forget any of it leaking out onto the patio. Sorry but this has been the biggest waste of money i have spent i am a pensioner so what ever i bought i was stuck with it as i don't have the money to change it out. So it looks like i will be putting my old one back in boxing this up and hoping someone will buy it off me....
Appalling bit of kit..

Cry Cry Cry
GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev 2) M/B with i7 950 @ 3.07GHz
24.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz
EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX W/BACKPLATE
COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro1000 RS-A00-EMBA 1000W ATX12V
G10 Router
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 12:34am
Does the Admin panel have a Power Setting that may be at 50% from the factory?

I'll have to read the manual.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:33am
First complaint of this type about the G10 Router that we've ever seen in this forum.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 1:06pm
radicaldoc, if it's like the other AC wireless routers I have experience with I must ask a couple questions/make a couple observations seeings your TP-WR1043ND is a 300 N.

1. Keep your non-AC devices on one band and your AC capable ones on the other. The slowest device on each band will match it's particular transmit speed onto all other devices on that band. Not sure I explained that to come across  .......

2. After reading the Manual you do indeed have  2 power output adjustments in the Admin panel. One for the 2.4G band and one for the 5G band. Check that both are starting at 100% and then if you feel like it lower it until you have coverage only where needed. That will keep your "signal' from being broadcast all over the neighborhood. Keeping kiddies, phreaks, and freeloaders off your connection/network

Admin panel > Wireless > Wireless-2.4G > TX Power Adjustment
Admin panel > Wireless > Wireless-5G > TX Power Adjustment

Edited by wardog - 14 Feb 2017 at 1:09pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

1. Keep your non-AC devices on one band and your AC capable ones on the other. The slowest device on each band will match it's particular transmit speed onto all other devices on that band. Not sure I explained that to come across  .......

Allow me to take a second go at explaining that better Embarrassed

The slowest rated device on each band, that will be the speed that ALL devices on that band will RX and TX.

There! Much better if I dare say so Thumbs Up

radicaldoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radicaldoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 5:58pm
No it doesn't and i haven't come across anything like that on this or any other router.. :)
Although i am no expert

Edited by radicaldoc - 14 Feb 2017 at 6:06pm
G10 Router

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radicaldoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by radicaldoc radicaldoc wrote:

No it doesn't and i haven't coma across anything like that on this or any other router.. :)

I have no other wireless router in the system or in my house  that was my old one i don't use it since i bought this to replace it..thanks. 
it just has NO coverage only half the TP-LINK
G10 Router
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 11:05pm

No it doesn't and i haven't come across anything like that on this or any other router.. :)
Although i am no expert

If that was "No, it doesn't have TX Power Adjustment's, I can assure you it does.

Do you know how to enter the routers Administration panel/applet??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radicaldoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:38am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Although i am no expert

If that was "No, it doesn't have TX Power Adjustment's, I can assure you it does.

Do you know how to enter the routers Administration panel/applet??

I know how to go into normal administration  with the router status and firmware update is there another one?? as i can see nothing in there to change

Aaahh i have found it in wireless and TX is set at 100%

Edited by radicaldoc - 16 Feb 2017 at 2:08am
G10 Router
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:56am
Originally posted by wardog typed in a post above this wardog typed in a post above this wrote:

Admin panel > Wireless > Wireless-2.4G > TX Power Adjustment
Admin panel > Wireless > Wireless-5G > TX Power Adjustment

Originally posted by radicaldoc discovers where radicaldoc discovers where wrote:

Aaahh i have found it in wireless and TX is set at 100%

I knew you could find it. Wink Pensioner my butt. Tongue

Now, hehe, are BOTH the 2.4G and 5G bands set to 100%? Again, see the top of THIS post for where each are found.

Too, list out all your wireless devices, phone(s) included, that connect to the router if you would be so kind.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic