ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

M2 screw?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnathonm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M2 screw?
    Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 3:39am
Hi,

My Extreme 6 3.1 didn't come with an M.2 screw. I was wondering if someone could tell me what that screw is so I can order the right one.

Thanks in advance.
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 3:55am
Just go to the ASrock website and contact support and ask them for one.  

Kinda funny, I  have made tooling for NASA, I have 6 micrometers from 1'' to 6'', 4 sets of Dial calipers and a set of super Mic's that I can go to half tenths with,  .00005

I was thinking it would be faster to go get one so I was going to check mine and I also have thread gauges, some people would rather go to the hardware store and buy one then wait. 

Mine is missing or never came with one, LMAO.  Sorry. I tried.  

Edited by odiebugs - 18 Jul 2015 at 5:05am
asrocking
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 5:04am
Originally posted by odiebugs odiebugs wrote:

Just go to the ASrock website and contact support and ask them for one.  

Kinda funny, I  have made tooling for NASA, I have 6 micrometers from 1'' to 6'', 4 sets of Dial calipers and a set of super Mic's that I can go to half tenths with,  .00005

I was thinking it would be faster to go get one so I was going to check mine and I also have thread gauges, some people would rather go to the hardware store and buy one then wait. 

Mine is missing or never came with one, LMAO.  Sorry. I tried.  
asrocking
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 12:22am
I'd need to open up the PC with my Z97 Extreme6 board to check the screw size, which of course I'm using right now.

Are you sure there isn't a small plastic bag with one screw in it hiding in the board's box?

For some reason M3 is coming out of my brain as the screw size... but I'm not 100% certain. Confused
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 3:36pm
Look at/on the MB's M.2 standoff/fastener.

You should find one pre-installed, ready to use.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic