ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWindows 10 Intel Chipset Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 Intel Chipset Drivers
    Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 12:27am

INF driver ver:10.1.1.8 will not install with 64Bit Windows 10. Unknown error every time on a clean install.

Mobo: x99 Extreme 4
OS Installed on M.2 Drive - Supported Samsung SM951

Note: I can upload the log files if anyone is interested.

Edited by c1one - 21 Jul 2015 at 12:30am
odiebugs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 12:53am
You DON'T need them, and there's no such thing as INF DRIVERS, and you're NOT installing chipset drivers. 

The Intel chipset INF installer  DOES NOTHING but add identity info to the drivers.

Don't worry about it.  You can try the 10.1.2.8 if you really want too. 

But just remember they are useless. 

Edited by odiebugs - 21 Jul 2015 at 12:55am
asrocking
c1one View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 1:10am
Originally posted by odiebugs odiebugs wrote:

You DON'T need them, and there's no such thing as INF DRIVERS, and you're NOT installing chipset drivers. 

The Intel chipset INF installer  DOES NOTHING but add identity info to the drivers.

Don't worry about it.  You can try the 10.1.2.8 if you really want too. 

But just remember they are useless. 

Where do I get the drivers for the maybe 20 items not installed in Device Manager? Where can I get chipset drivers for Windows 10?

lawl.

Edited by c1one - 21 Jul 2015 at 11:14pm
odiebugs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 1:27am
The chipset drivers are embedded into windows, you can't add or remove them they are always there. 

As for any missing drivers that windows 10 didn't install,  it's not a supported OS. 

Windows 10 preview isn't for anyone, it's  for IT people who know that it's not supported by board MFG until the preview goes GA and RTM.  

You didn't get RTM and it's not GA till after the 29th of July, and  then it's still only supported by ASrock when they post your board is. 

That was the ASrock version I should tell you.  

Now if you're running win 10, you should know to  get the hardware ID of every driver that is not installed and go the the hardware MFG and see if they have win 10 drivers available. 

You can try installing win 8.1 drivers. 

Please post a screen shot with all main hardware expanded so we can see the 20 missing drivers, Thanks. 

Then we can try to help with drivers for a OS that isn't supported yet.

Clean install, how did you clean install win 10 when the preview is removed from the windows server, and when you're suppose to be upgrading to each release. 

Have you installed the leaked 10240 which could be trashed ?  
asrocking
c1one View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 1:34am
Clean install from the Preview Program that has been upgraded to the current version of Windows 10. Downloaded directly from Microsoft.

There are a few things on the ASROCK site regarding Windows 10 drivers:
1. INF
2. Intel Management Engine
3. Intel Rapid Strorage
4. VGA driver

The OS will be out in a week so I would the ASROCK may already have drivers for the X99 Extreme4 in the works?

Edited by c1one - 21 Jul 2015 at 11:14pm
odiebugs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 1:41am
There is no windows 10 download on the microsoft site insider program or ANYWHERE,  post the link to  download please.

They never had 10240 for insiders to DL, it was only given as upgrade.

No, I don't know how to explain it any better, there are no drivers in the chipset installer.

Please don't see this as being rude, just already explained the INF installer.

How can you download windows 10 when Microsoft has this posted.

NOTE: We are very close to the public release of Windows 10 so we are not onboarding any new PCs to the Windows Insider Program just now.  ************************

Edited by odiebugs - 21 Jul 2015 at 1:48am
asrocking
c1one View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 1:49am
The Windows 10 Preview is over. The installation is now Full Windows 10. So let's from this point just refer to this as a Windows 10 driver issue. 

The drivers missing are chipset drivers. 

You are not being rude, but I am still left with missing drivers. This should be provided by ASROCK and with 10 officially launching in about a week, I was hoping I could find them somewhere here.

Edited by c1one - 21 Jul 2015 at 1:51am
odiebugs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 1:52am
Thanks for not seeing it as being rude. 

Open devise MGR as you must have already, go to System devises, now what is shown as flagged ?

P.S. There is no FULL Install, you can't get windows 10 until after July 29 unless you have the old DL saved or have upgraded, or have the leaked version.  Just a FYI. 

***** Go to the win 8.1 DL on the ASrock site and DL the chipset installer and try it. See if you get the same error, and post what the exact error is and what it say's, please. 

Also try install the other drivers listed for win 10 on the ASrock site and see how many flags are removed.

Edited by odiebugs - 21 Jul 2015 at 2:11am
asrocking
c1one View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 2:46am
You sound interested so I will give you some more on the Windows 10 Preview. When you have the 10 preview installed (no longer available as of about last week) it was upgraded last week to full version of Windows 10 Pro. After the upgrade last week, the "preview banner" is gone and the version states Windows 10 Pro. This is activated.

I still had the iso from testing it out over the last 6 months or so, this iso specifically was the last one they release maybe a week ago.

TLDR: Anyone testing the Preview received the full version of Windows 10 about a week ago.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I will attempt the 8.1 Chipset installer. What item from this page would you recommend?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20Extreme4/?cat=Download&os=Win8a64

Also, to answer your question, here are two screenshots, one sorted by type, the other sorted by connection:

If anyone else has real info that would be appreciated.

Edited by c1one - 21 Jul 2015 at 11:15pm
odiebugs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 10:24am
Was tired and left out the 10240 from the clean install which snowballed.

What ever you clean installed for a build, find a different  build  either before it or after it, and try the clean install again.

The pic of SMbus flagged shouldn't happen, as I said the driver is there, but for some reason, lets hope it wasn't a UEFI setting, windows thinks it didn't install. 

So after you find a different build to install,  but before loading, set UEFI to default and then just change graphics and AHCI as needed, then install windows and check for chipset install.

Say you find the 10158,  run win update a few times an wait, you should be given the 10240 again. 

Just to be annoying, the old article from PC world is junk.  

Insiders do not get a free copy of win 10, nor does anyone actually get a free owned copy. 

Insiders are allowed to run win 10 and get all the upgrades so long as they don't terminate the contract in which microsoft can collect data from them and they stay opted in to windows feedback. 

The minute you refuse this, you will not be allowed to borrow win 10, and you will only be allowed to borrow win 10 like the rest of consumers if you have a valid win 7 or 8 licence key, and you then upgrade to win 10, which after upgrading  you will be allowed to clean install win 10 for those who hate upgrading.  

Edited by odiebugs - 21 Jul 2015 at 10:39am
asrocking
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic