ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

App Shop Empty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeltann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: App Shop Empty
    Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 3:36pm
Hi!

I got this  Beebox 7100u kaby lake up and running with windows 10 yesterday, and I installed the ASRock APP Shop, but it does not show any apps/updates:

I manually downloaded and installed UEFI 1.60 so I know that there(were) is some updates for this NUC.

Please help, this is annoying.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 3:44pm
Try changing to each server in turn the closing and reopening the app. If that fails completely uninstall it then download and install again.
sabeltann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeltann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 5:03pm
I've tried with all of the different servers, restarted the app and tried again, all failed. I also removed the program and installed again, same problem I noticed that when I ie. change to server 3, quit the program and re-open it the server entry is empty:

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 5:09pm
The app seems unable to connect to any of the servers. The information on the Apps and Drivers tab is loaded from the servers, it isn't part of the app itself. So what we are seeing here is a connection failure. Do you have any third party firewalls and antivirus apps running?
sabeltann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeltann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 6:45am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

The app seems unable to connect to any of the servers. The information on the Apps and Drivers tab is loaded from the servers, it isn't part of the app itself. So what we are seeing here is a connection failure. Do you have any third party firewalls and antivirus apps running?

No, just windows 10 and defender., is there a log for the app I can check out?

A
sabeltann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeltann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by sabeltann sabeltann wrote:

Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

No, just windows 10 and defender., is there a log for the app I can check out?

A

Hi!

I found the following config file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\APP Shop\ServerList.ini

With the following list of servers:

[PreferServer]
URL=http://europe.asrock.com/downloadsite

[ServerList]
URL0=http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com
URL1=http://europe.asrock.com/downloadsite
URL2=http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com
URL3=http://asrock.cn/downloadsite

When trying to open those addresses in a webbrowser I get:
Either this

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Or this:

404 - Not Found

I can't be the only one having these issues? or is no one else using this software?

Anders

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:05pm
My PC's App Shop software is working fine:

App Shop's content is specific to a PC or mother board, since each system has its own drivers and software. Some things are shared, but what is available in App Shop must be appropriate for the hardware.

Not being able to directly access the URLs you found is not surprising for security reasons.

We have not seen other problems with App Shop for your PC in the forum, but it is possible there is something wrong with the server entries for your PC.

sabeltann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeltann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

My PC's App Shop software is working fine:

Not being able to directly access the URLs you found is not surprising for security reasons.

We have not seen other problems with App Shop for your PC in the forum, but it is possible there is something wrong with the server entries for your PC.

Ok, but is there any logs to check or any manual tests I can do to verify the connection to the servers?

This Beebox is on a home-network with basic-setup dhcp, windows 10 installed from scratch, and 4 other computers working fine vs internet, but I've also noticed that the firmware/download/check in UEFI also fails on this Beebox

S
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 10:29am
I found a log of some sort which may give you some clues about what is happening. I can compare it to the entries in my log, but first take a look at yours.

It should be in this folder: C: ProgramData ASRock (long alphanumeric folder name) 90242E9B...

The main log file is: AsrAPPShop

The other files serve various purposes, but please find an XML document in this folder whose name is the same as your PC, which I assume will be Beebox-S 7200U or Beebox-S 7100U.

Open that file (should open in a browser), it is small file, 18K for my mother board.

If you don't find any files like the two in bold above, that would explain why you see nothing. Of course something else might be wrong if these files exist.

Sorry but must ask, you have installed APP Shop ver:1.0.28?
sabeltann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeltann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I found a log of some sort which may give you some clues about what is happening. I can compare it to the entries in my log, but first take a look at yours.

It should be in this folder: C: ProgramData ASRock (long alphanumeric folder name) 90242E9B...

Sorry but must ask, you have installed APP Shop ver:1.0.28?

Hi!

Thanks for replying, well I found the log all right, and now we are getting somewhere :-)

One of the last entries in the log is(I can post the resto of the log if needed):
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:21.249: VidDid2: 0x15708086
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:23.564: Run Task: GetServerConfigAndRes Network status: 1
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:28.877: Not support this model
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:28.882: Enable UI
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:40.182: Run Task: GetServerConfigAndRes Network status: 1
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:46.166: Not support this model
AsrAPPShop 2017-03-19 21:19:46.169: Enable UI

But there is no xml-file in the folder with the name of the model, there is however one file called asrbrowser.xml ( I searched that one for 7100 no result)

Could It be that the Beebox-S 7100U is not supported by the AppShop?

Yes its the APP Shop 1.0.28 I've installed 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic