ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 UEFI Boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexium67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 UEFI Boot
    Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 11:36am
I just bought Windows 10 on USB stick and found that stick not bootable in UEFI mode. No stick in boot devices list. In Legacy mode all ok. In other time my other sticks are visible in boot menu in any mode (both UEFI & Legacy). What is it? Problem with MS stick or motherboard compatibility?

Specs: Intel Core i5 7600, ASRock B150M Pro4, BIOS version - 7.10, 8Gb DDR4,  ASUS Radeon RX480 4Gb
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 12:06pm
Hello,

This is after the "MS stick' being placed in a USB 2.0 port at the rear I/O panel?
Alexium67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexium67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 12:55pm
My motherboard haven't any USB 2.0 port on the back panel. Only two on the front. All back USBs are blue.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 2:19pm
Your case, does it have USB 2.0 ports and have you connected them?

If so, use one of the cases USB 2.0 port.

Dare I ask from where you bought the stick with Win10? Link?

Alexium67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexium67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 2:49pm
My case have only two 2.0 ports on the front panel (and one 3.0 also). But it is not any matter because my old 2.0 flash drives can boot in uefi mode.

I bought Windows in our local shop. Here is link: dns-shop.ru. There were common paper box with one small guide book, card with key, and USB stick with blue end, holo etc. I think it is some thing wrong with that stick. I'll try to boot it on other pc, and contact with shop support and ms support.
CPL0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CPL0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 4:12pm
I had the same problem with my X99 Taichi see this post.
Quote Bought W10 which came with some cheap looking USB flash drive instead of the usual DVDROM. That USB flash had both 32-bit and 64-bit versions but didn't play well with the X99 so copied just the relevant 64-bit section onto another FAT32 formatted flash and all was good. Installed W10 with GPT and CSM with no problem.

Copying the 64-bit folder to the root of another FAT32 flash drive and using that worked for me.

Edited by CPL0 - 21 Feb 2017 at 4:14pm
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 7:57pm
Dear Alexium67,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

About how to create bootable USB media from ISO for OS method, please refer to the link below:

According to your question, we also provide some suggestions to verify:

1. Please re-boot the system then press [F11] to check if the bootable USB can be selected UEFI mode in Boot menu.

2. Please plug the USB device into other USB ports to verify.

3. If possible, please use another bootable USB device to verify.

4. If possible, please use this USB to install on another motherboard to make sure this USB can install successfully.

5. If possible, please re-make a bootable installer USB for verifying.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

Alexium67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexium67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 4:50pm
Thanks you all. It were broken or wrong recorded USB stick. Maybe fabric defect or something else. So I'll record new one using MS utility or copy x64 folder to the root another FAT32 drive.

Edited by Alexium67 - 22 Feb 2017 at 4:53pm
Alexium67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexium67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 6:04am
Simple copying original USB drive to another helped me. I don't know what is reason for the problem. Hardware of the MS stick?..

Problem solved.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Alexium67 Alexium67 wrote:

Simple copying original USB drive to another helped me. I don't know what is reason for the problem. Hardware of the MS stick?..

Problem solved.

Glad to hear it was something as simple as it was.

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic