ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 Drivers - X99 Extreme4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c1one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 Drivers - X99 Extreme4
    Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 11:34pm
Hello,
Any ideas on obtaining drivers for Windows 10?
Example:

The chipset drivers on this page fails to install:

Thank you for your time.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 11:46pm
The inf driver on the ASRock page is provided by intel, if it fails to install the problem lies either with your installation or with intel's chipset driver. Most likely intel have prepared the driver for the windows 10 release version which may differ from current beta versions thus preventing install. Windows 10 is scheduled for release shortly so you may be best served waiting for the final version to hit the market.

I try to avoid providing suggestions pertaining to windows 10 as I have not yet used it and until it is released it is not officially supported by ASRock or any other manufacturer. Chipset drivers are supplied by the chipset vendor so if the ones from your product download page don't work your only option is to check for updated ones from intel. 
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

The inf driver on the ASRock page is provided by intel, if it fails to install the problem lies either with your installation or with intel's chipset driver. Most likely intel have prepared the driver for the windows 10 release version which may differ from current beta versions thus preventing install. Windows 10 is scheduled for release shortly so you may be best served waiting for the final version to hit the market.

I try to avoid providing suggestions pertaining to windows 10 as I have not yet used it and until it is released it is not officially supported by ASRock or any other manufacturer. Chipset drivers are supplied by the chipset vendor so if the ones from your product download page don't work your only option is to check for updated ones from intel. 

Can you please not post the wrong info. It's called a INF update utility, and there are no drivers in it.  The only thing in the Intel INF update utility, which was called the Intel chipset installer is INF files, not drivers.

Thanks.
asrocking
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 3:10am
Whatever you want to call it it is posted under the product's driver page. The OP is referring to the installer of the inf update utility not working. Now while I understand you have a peeve with the inf update utility being referred to as a driver you have to understand the vast majority of the tech world calls it chipset drivers, incorrect as it may be it is the terminology that is commonly used. Arguing semantics here is of no use to the OP or anyone else. My information is not incorrect, that I called it a driver for simplicity rather than Intel inf Update utility is irrelevant to the topic at hand.  

If the installer was designed to work with the release version of windows 10 then it is possible that the current beta release lacks certain functionality that will be patched into the final version on release.

Now I am always happy to be corrected but calling to fault terminology as you have here throws doubt on the validity of my entire post which was not wrong, speculative certainly but not wrong. I thank you for the correction but it was not needed in this instance. 
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 3:24am
Thanks for your post, I was just after the idea of letting people know there are no drivers in the, as you call it INF driver. 

In your post you've made it clear there are no drivers in it, so really, thanks and not being sarcastic.  

Hope your day is going well. 

As you know windows should have loaded them, so we can assume it was the windows install method or the ISO that was used.  I think a different build or retrying to burn the ISO to a flash using a different app might work.

P.S. What happened to your post about M2,  was a good post an helpful, wanted to add some stuff but I think it's gone.  

You need to add a Topic to the OC list where it can be placed.

Edited by odiebugs - 22 Jul 2015 at 3:39am
asrocking
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 4:13am
No problem Odiebugs, I know you meant well. The SM951 thread has now been stickied and should be at the top of the intel technical support forum. I was meant to sticky it before, thanks for reminding me.
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 4:20am
Thanks, and right now there is a question about M2 booting, hope you can pop over and help them.
asrocking
c1one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c1one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 10:57am

Windows 10 Build 10240 is what you'll find on Windows 10 PCs. Good news for anyone from the Windows Insider Program:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2951398/windows/windows-10-build-10240-is-what-youll-find-on-windows-10-pcs.html

odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 11:12am
Not really good news, and we already knew this when as you stated before that watermark was removed and as win 10 is a work in progress with micro adding more to it and us insiders must take new lab builds that can cause people who shouldn't be using it to have problems that they can't handle.  So for some I feel sorry for them.

asrocking
c1one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c1one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 11:24am
It's good news because that means we can get some finalized chipset drivers going, or as you would say:
The IntelĀ® Chipset Device Software installs the Windows* INF files. An INF is a text file that provides the operating system with information about a piece of hardware on the system. In the case of the current Intel Chipset Device Software, that information is primarily the product name for the piece of hardware. This allows the operating system to show the correct name for that piece of hardware in Device Manager.

lawl

Edited by c1one - 23 Jul 2015 at 11:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic