ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z97 Extreme4 SATA Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponchox623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z97 Extreme4 SATA Issue
    Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 4:22am
I just installed this new MB. I have 8g mem. 500SSD Intel i5 proc. To get it to work I had to set my SATA as IDE. I get an A4 error if I change the setting to AHCI and the system will not boot-up. Another issue I am having is that I can't connect my SATA DVD drives. When I do this I get the same error.

Can someone please help me out.

THANKS
MICHAEL
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 4:28am
Can you please post what Sata port numbers you have them plugged into. 

What OS are you using and are you installing it as a MBR or UEFI install off a UBS flash drive. 

Please look at your manual, do not plug Sata drive into Sata3 AO or A1.

Plug the drive you want windows on to the Sata3 -0 port, and plug your DVD rom into the Sata3 -5 if you're not using the M2 port.

Edited by odiebugs - 22 Jul 2015 at 6:04am
asrocking
ponchox623 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponchox623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 11:56pm
Thanks. I will try this and let you know. I have the SSD in 3-0 the SATA's with the A's are open. I had put the disc drive in sta 1. I'll move it to 5.
ponchox623 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponchox623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 11:58pm
I am using windows 7 Ultimate. I'm not using a flash drive. I was trying to change it in the BIOS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic