ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini 110 via HDMI to TV - blank screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeskMini 110 via HDMI to TV - blank screen
    Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 4:01am
Hello all

I'm trying to connect my DeskMini 110 via HDMI with a TV (Toshiba 42 Z 3030 DG) but unfortunately no signal is detected by the TV.

The VGA port of the DeskMini is working as expected.
Unfortunately I can't verify the DisplayPort because my home is DP free Smile.

Anyway, the HDMI port of the TV is working fine if i connect it with a laptop (and use presentation mode, 2nd Display). Even an old WIDI box (Netgear PTV2000) with HDMI-CEC is able to power on the TV, select the HDMI channel and display my desktop. 

If I connect a (normal) PC Monitor (Samsung SyncMaster C23A550U) to the HDMI port of the DeskMini everything is working properly Confused.  

I've installed the lastest BIOS (v7.0).
And for the sake of completeness, I'm using a Logitech K400 plus keyboard for interaction.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Danny

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by dago dago wrote:

Hello all

I'm trying to connect my DeskMini 110 via HDMI with a TV (Toshiba 42 Z 3030 DG) but unfortunately no signal is detected by the TV.

The VGA port of the DeskMini is working as expected.
Unfortunately I can't verify the DisplayPort because my home is DP free Smile.

Anyway, the HDMI port of the TV is working fine if i connect it with a laptop (and use presentation mode, 2nd Display). Even an old WIDI box (Netgear PTV2000) with HDMI-CEC is able to power on the TV, select the HDMI channel and display my desktop. 

If I connect a (normal) PC Monitor (Samsung SyncMaster C23A550U) to the HDMI port of the DeskMini everything is working properly Confused.  

I've installed the lastest BIOS (v7.0).
And for the sake of completeness, I'm using a Logitech K400 plus keyboard for interaction.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Danny

I have my DeskMini 110 connected to a 40" 1080p TV via HDMI, and it works fine, first time, every time.

Do you have the Intel graphics driver installed? What version of Windows are you using?

There is a new version of the Intel graphics driver on the DeskMini 110 download page.

If you have the Intel graphics driver installed, did you configure the resolution and refresh rate in the Intel graphics utility that is installed when you install the driver?
dago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 3:16am
I'm using Windows 10 Home 64bit.
I've have installed the lastest Intel graphics drivers. But I did not tune any driver parameters with the Intel graphics utility after installation.

Oh, one point that maybe wasn't communicated clear enough by myself:
I'm neighter seeing the BIOS booting screen nor the Windows 10 desktop, if the Deskmini is connected via HDMI to my TV.

Is the BIOS/UEFI really using the installed windows drivers?

Thanks.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 7:00pm

I'm using Windows 10 Home 64bit.
I've have installed the lastest Intel graphics drivers. But I did not tune any driver parameters with the Intel graphics utility after installation.

Oh, one point that maybe wasn't communicated clear enough by myself:
I'm neighter seeing the BIOS booting screen nor the Windows 10 desktop, if the Deskmini is connected via HDMI to my TV.

Is the BIOS/UEFI really using the installed windows drivers?

Thanks.

When the TV is used with the laptop and WIDI box via HDMI, does the TV work with a cold start of those devices?

No apparent signal to a TV at all (no BIOS or boot screen) is a classic sign that the resolution and refresh rate settings of the video source are not set right for the TV.

Most graphics utility programs have multiple resolution and refresh rate settings in two lists, one for PC monitors, the other for TVs, since the two devices are different as seen by the video source.

Connect your monitor to that PC, and run the Intel graphics utility. Or even better, if you can also have the TV connected to the PC at the same as the monitor, do that. In the graphics utility, find the resolution screen, and set it to the correct resolution and refresh rate for the TV, you may even be able to select each screen as a device separately. I've seen default refresh rates in the Intel graphics utility of 59Hz, which the TV does not like.
dago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 4:58am
Sorry, iI do not know exactly what you mean by 'cold start of those devices'.

I tried the following:
a) connect the laptop with the TV
b) switched to the presentation mode 'second display' by pressing Win+P
-> only the TV was displaying the windows desktop
c) restart
-> The TV showed the desktop/login screen but not the BIOS booting sequence of the laptop (it was display on the laptop)

The WIDI box is only working after starting the Intel WIDI windows application and manually connect to it, so I skipped that test.

I've also tried to connect the DM110 via VGA with the PC Monitor and after successful boot-up connected it with the TV via HDMI. But pressing the Win+P keys didn't performed the switch to the TV. Nothing happend. The TV was not recognized.

I bought  a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter, used it and with this I now able to see the booting sequence as well as the desktop. A look into the Intel graphics utility showed a refresh rate of "50i" and a resolution of 1920x1080. Additionally the display was listed correctly as "Digital Television Toshiba TV". Note that these settings are automatically detected/used. I didn't changed anything yet.

The main problem with the DisplayPort-to-HDMI-solution is that the sound is not returned anymore by the TV. It seems the Intel Digital Audio is not working Cry.
anubis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 10:22am
I also encountered the same problem. I have tried connect with 2 VIA HDMI(SONY & Samsun)ï¼?no signal is detectd. When connect to TV, remote access to the DeskMini ,Intel graphics shows the TV device and  refresh rates is 59Hz
The others devices like PS4 , Andriod Box , laptop is work fine. Conect to Dell PC Monitor is OK. 
It confused to me , pls help, thanks.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 12:47pm

Sorry, iI do not know exactly what you mean by 'cold start of those devices'.

I tried the following:
a) connect the laptop with the TV
b) switched to the presentation mode 'second display' by pressing Win+P
-> only the TV was displaying the windows desktop
c) restart
-> The TV showed the desktop/login screen but not the BIOS booting sequence of the laptop (it was display on the laptop)

The WIDI box is only working after starting the Intel WIDI windows application and manually connect to it, so I skipped that test.

I've also tried to connect the DM110 via VGA with the PC Monitor and after successful boot-up connected it with the TV via HDMI. But pressing the Win+P keys didn't performed the switch to the TV. Nothing happend. The TV was not recognized.

I bought  a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter, used it and with this I now able to see the booting sequence as well as the desktop. A look into the Intel graphics utility showed a refresh rate of "50i" and a resolution of 1920x1080. Additionally the display was listed correctly as "Digital Television Toshiba TV". Note that these settings are automatically detected/used. I didn't changed anything yet.

The main problem with the DisplayPort-to-HDMI-solution is that the sound is not returned anymore by the TV. It seems the Intel Digital Audio is not working Cry.

A "cold start" means a PC was shutdown with the Windows Shutdown command. The PC was not in Hibernate mode (as most laptops are when you close the top/screen). Or whatever device like the WiDi box was shutoff, and not running, so you are not "hot plugging" the TV into an already operating device. A cold start will present all the initialization and "handshake" protocols between the PC and display devices, so the PC's video source knows what it is dealing with. But starting the DeskMini 110 from a shutdown will do all that.

Again, it is a classic problem for some TVs, that they cannot display the pre-Windows/OS screens, the BIOS booting sequence as you called it. Depending on the TV, you may never get that working. I'm using a cheap 40" 1080p 60Hz TV with the DeskMini 110W with an HDMI cable, and I see the ASRock startup screen, and can use the UEFI/BIOS UI fine with that TV. Audio works fine too, streaming videos over the Internet.

You either have a video configuration problem, or the TV simply cannot work without

The refresh rate that you apparently saw, "50i", seems strange. I forget if that is a European standard refresh rate, is that correct, as I see you are in Germany. What refresh rate do you use with a PC monitor, 60Hz? If you can set the refresh rate of the TV to 60Hz, try that. You should have a list of refresh rate options for every display you are using, what options do you have?

If you had audio from the Intel audio to the TV over HDMI, but not with the Displayport to HDMI adapter (a passive or active adapter?), then how can you say the Intel audio is not working? The adapter may not be passing the audio signal.

Also, did you configure the audio source in the Windows Sound feature in Control Panel, to use the Intel audio?

I don't understand the point of switching to presentation mode. If I connect a TV with an HDMI cable to a laptop, I get the video signal on both.
Stefan75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 5:07pm
I'm note sure if the DeskMini 110 has HDMI 1.x or 2.0.
But you guys might want to try an external DisplayPort to HDMI adapter/cable.
For HDMI 2.0 there's the Club3D CAC-1070 and CAC-1173.
http://cellarcinema.info
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic