ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RGB DDR4 Available ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n944la Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RGB DDR4 Available ?
    Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 7:33am
Hi

I know that the two GSKill DDR4 memory kits are out, however, none are RGB capable. Does anyone know if any RGB modules from GSKill, Corsair or other brands are on the way. I figure someone might have some insider knowledge from somewhere.

If not, no biggie. I know Corsair has a few that are compatible with the X370 mobos per the HQVL list on the site here....at least for the X370 Fatality Pro Gaming unit.

Tnx

Tim
ARS N9NU

EDIT:  I know some are already using RGB DRAM, however, I don't know if any were listed on the QVL for RAM. If someone is using RGB DDR4-2600~3300 and have no issues, could you please post your info.

Thanks again.

Edited by n944la - 09 Mar 2017 at 7:37am
ARS: N9NU
PC GAMER ID: Reactor-Critical - Since 1997</cen
wmunn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmunn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 11:48am
I had the g.skill ddr4 3600 trident Z RGB 4x8GB kit, and it didn't play nice with my ryzen setup. beware.

They are however making g.skill fortis memory which is meant to work on the am4 / ryzen platform now.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 11:54am
G.Skill has their AM4 platform memory on their Configurator now.

Just choose your X370 board from the below link. No RGB yet though.

AM4/Ryzen requires specific memory. You may MAY get lucky choosing a non-specific memory but don't hold your breath that you do.

http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=52&chip=2952&model=0

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 11:57am
See the Sticky I created at the top of the AMD Motherboard topic.

It has links to G.Skills Fortis and Flare X Ryzen specific memory at NewEgg.

NewEgg has the Kits in stock at the time of this writing.
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 6:33am
This could be a mistake, but I believe the pics on this page here, depict these these sticks.

I didn't buy that set though, so I can't say.. But that's about all I've seen so far in regards to LED RAM.
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 10:58pm
On second thought, these sticks are probably what that article was referencing..

https://promotions.newegg.com/corsair/17-1764/index.html

edited by wardog to correct linkage

Edited by wardog - 24 Mar 2017 at 4:46am
samv1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samv1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:55pm
There are some new RGB DDR4 RAM from HyperX and Crucial too. Here is a great round up of some of the best RGB DDR4 RAM https://graphicscardhub.com/best-rgb-ram/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic