ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen board, no post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RyzenWindows7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyzenWindows7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 1:33am
great, thanks,  should have more info today on usb and other drivers
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 1:05am
Awesome stuff mate, thanks for sharing your findings Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyzenWindows7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:48am
Booting windows 7 on a sata 6 SSD OCZ windows boots up in less than 12 seconds

Edited by RyzenWindows7 - 14 Mar 2017 at 12:48am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RyzenWindows7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:44am
Just registered to post on behalf of my system builder friend. After trying all day yesterday, he got his X370 Killer SLI/ac to post. What he did is :
Shut computer off
Cleared CMOS
took battery out
Left battery out for about 10 seconds
Put battery back in
Turn computer back on 

Still got a black screen, but while thinking it posted about 40 + seconds later

Hopefully this will help

Still has to get USB and SATA DVD player to get recognized

If there's interest reply too this and will keep people informed, will probably be able to have an update today.

By the way he as well as I who also got this board are looking to run Windows 7.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 1:10pm
I am the opposite, I love early adoption. For me half the fun is finding fixes and workarounds but I have not been able to get my hands on a Ryzen setup yet Wink 
patchfile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patchfile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I am afraid I can't help much here as I am still waiting to set up my own Ryzen system. From everything I have read about the webz though it seems RAM is a common issue. If the BIOS revision on the effected boards is an early or prerelease version the board may not be compatible with the RAM being used, even if the same RAM works on another board. It should be easy enough to check the sticker on the RAM for it's version number. Sadly this does not help at all as the only thing you can do is try different RAM until one works then flash the BIOS. It is much simpler and less stressful to just RMA and get a working replacement at this point.

Ryzen launched very suddenly and we have already seen a lot of issues from all board partners regarding compatibility and bugs. Those buying into Ryzen now sadly have to pay the "Early Adopters Tax". EAT, because it eats away at your nerves and often wallet LOL EAT is nothing new but seldom has there been such a new platform on so many levels. New socket, CPU architecture, PCH and all that brings with it. It is certainly an exciting time but early adopters need to be prepared for these kinds of issues.

It has always been my policy to never buy a new platform. It needs to be 6 months old or more so that I avoid the early adopter tax. But this time around it all fell in to place that I either bought Ryzen early, or risk not having the money in a few months. So we bit this time. I really feel sorry for those building their first computer, or the less than tech savvy who just want the latest and greatest.

It is my hope that this thread can be a place for people to learn and hopefully one of us will find a solution.
patchfile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patchfile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 12:55pm
That really sucks about your Killer/ac. I hope your RMA goes quickly.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 4:48pm
No one is using socketed BIOS ROMs anymore, sadly it seems they are no longer being made and existing stocks are insufficient for the demand..... 
formula383 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula383 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 4:39pm
Just thought i would add i have a asrock x370 killer sli/ac board and it worked fine out of the box and died only a few hours after use. might be just a corrupt bios idk but looks like i have to rma board as the bios chip looks like it is not removable?? :(
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 3:32pm
I am afraid I can't help much here as I am still waiting to set up my own Ryzen system. From everything I have read about the webz though it seems RAM is a common issue. If the BIOS revision on the effected boards is an early or prerelease version the board may not be compatible with the RAM being used, even if the same RAM works on another board. It should be easy enough to check the sticker on the RAM for it's version number. Sadly this does not help at all as the only thing you can do is try different RAM until one works then flash the BIOS. It is much simpler and less stressful to just RMA and get a working replacement at this point.

Ryzen launched very suddenly and we have already seen a lot of issues from all board partners regarding compatibility and bugs. Those buying into Ryzen now sadly have to pay the "Early Adopters Tax". EAT, because it eats away at your nerves and often wallet LOL EAT is nothing new but seldom has there been such a new platform on so many levels. New socket, CPU architecture, PCH and all that brings with it. It is certainly an exciting time but early adopters need to be prepared for these kinds of issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic