ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Gaming K4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpicPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:40pm
I got it running on the XMP profile at 2400mhz, anything higher and it crashes. I also edited the vram voltage to 1.300v. The xmp profile has it running at 1.35v, which I assume can be brought down

Still, it would only do 2400mhz. If I attempt 2667mhz, it will not post at all
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by EpicPants EpicPants wrote:

I got it running on the XMP profile at 2400mhz, anything higher and it crashes. I also edited the vram voltage to 1.300v. The xmp profile has it running at 1.35v, which I assume can be brought down

Always ALWAYS know the Specs of the component you're about to change. I can't say this enough. Blindly changing away from Spec is like shooting clay pigeons with both eyes covered.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-led-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-dram-3000mhz-c15-memory-kit-white-led-cmu16gx4m2c3000c15
EpicPants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpicPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 9:04pm
Damn, in that case I should leave it at 1.35? And try to up the frequency as much as I can?
I should have known better than to mess with voltage.

I have done that and after a couple of restarts, the debugger either shows 24 or FF, seems to work perfectly fine though even with benchmarks
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 9:59pm
If you check the Memory QVL list for your board, or any ASRock Ryzen board, we will find this:

Note1: Each RAM whose frequency is 3000 will downgrade to 2933 with Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4.
Note2: Each RAM whose frequency is 2800 will downgrade to 2666 with Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming%20K4/index.asp#Memory

As wardog said, these are examples of the "memory dividers" that a Ryzen system does not support. Apparently, the "downgrade" to the slightly lower memory speed is not happening automatically, or another memory problem is the reason you cannot run your memory near 3000. Ryzen memory compatibility is probably the number one issue we are seeing so far.

I just read about a tweak for getting memory to work on Ryzen systems that I'll describe, that I cannot guarantee will work but will offer it if you feel like trying it out.

First, stay with a maximum memory speed of 2666/2667, which is the maximum, non-OC memory speed for a Ryzen processor. Do not apply the XMP profile in the DRAM Configuration screen. Now the fun part...

The default settings for memory options is of course, Auto. The tweak I read about said to set each and every memory option manually, from the Auto setting. If you have a memory option highlighted and set to Auto, if you press the '+' key once, a numeric value will appear. While that should be the Auto value, apparently using the numeric value makes a difference.

Doing this to the many memory options is a lot of work, and may result in nothing. A review of Ryzen I read described this as the method used to get their memory to 2666. Again, I cannot guarantee it will work for you, so please don't hate me too much if you try this, and it fails. Wink
jed2i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed2i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:42pm
Will this board support memory faster than 2933 mhz?
jdhardware View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdhardware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 8:27pm
I have this board and compared to the gigabyte ax370 board the memory seems to run at one speed lower on the asrock gaming k4 Me and my friend have various sets of ram and we have tried them on each others board.
Both boards are running the latest bios updates, current of today.

Sets tested are

Cosair LPX 3000  CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
Cosair LPX 3000  CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R

Boths sets run on  gigabyte ax370 at 2666mhz XMP

On the asrock 2400mhz, with all manual settings work on bios 1.91 and 2.0
1.7 almost worked at 2666 and booted into windows when I raised volts to 1.45 on 2 times out of 6.
1.91 it never booted once.

Cosair Vengence LED  CMU16GX4M2C3200C16R

This set works on both boards at 2666mhz XMP
It almost boots on the asrock gaming 4 at 2933, when i mean almost it does not go into
a rebooting cycle of 4 times before dropping to 2133 speeds and booting when set too high.
I have loosened the timings and pumped voltages to suicide levels and it still won't boot, its on the edge of working. It may have worked on a previous bios, 1.91 and 2.0 bios seem to worse. 

However the gigabyte board, boots into windows if ram is set to 2933 XMP and voltage to 1.4 volts.

So in both cases you can see the asrock is one speed lower and the gigabyte and new bios make no difference, it anything it makes it worse as now sometimes i cannot get into the UEFI on boot as the memory training is doing a strange double reboot on startup which start bios 1.91 and also on 2.0

From the website asrock only claim 2933 support overclocked, while gigabyte claim 3200, which as you can see is one bin lower :D

Now all modules tested are HYNIX.

I have Samsung b-die, G-Skill amd specific memory on its way.

If anything is going to do 3200mhz on the asrock it will be that.

I am no confident though as that is above the asrocks quoted spec.

The asrock may be among the worst X370 board for memory compatibility.

Edited by jdhardware - 01 Apr 2017 at 8:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic