ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Gaming K4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpicPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Gaming K4
    Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 4:41am
Hi everyone,

I have just finished building my new ryzen build and after boot up, Dr debug stays lit with the code IE/1E. im not sure if that is showing 1 or I.

I have looked through the manual and could not find what the code represents. What does this code mean?

If this isnt an actual issue, Is there an option to turn off dr debug after the computer boots up?

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4
CPU: Ryzen R7 1700
Bios version: 1.60
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 4:56am
1E which would be a memory error but if the system is booting and running fine then it is probably a glitch with the Debug display. The Debug LED should clear as soon as post completes unless set not to in the UEFI. You should be able to disable it (the Debug LED) in the UEFI but I don't see the setting in your manual, that doesn't mean it isn't there just that it wasn't at the time manual was written, updates may have added it.

You can try clear CMOS, that may sort it out. 

I would download CPUz and check the RAM tabs to make sure your RAM is properly detected and working in dual channel mode.

EpicPants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpicPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 5:09am
I just checked CPU-Z and can the memory seems to be working fine; i could not clock my ram to anything over 2400mhz though; it would just not boot at all. Which seems to be a XMP/RAM compatibility issue right now with ryzen.

i will try clearing CMOS and lets see how that goes.

i could not find a option for dr. debug though in the bios. which is a little strange
EpicPants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpicPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 5:17am
Attempted to clear cmos. dr. debug showed code 24 while i was going through windows login and after displayed 1E again.

Could this be a ryzen memory issue?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 5:25am
If the system is stable I wouldn't worry about it. If it were an actual memory error the system would be unstable at the very least, most likely it wouldn't pass post. These boards and their BIOSes are very new and likely buggy.

So long as everything is working and you are not having any issues I wouldn't worry about it. If the debug LED is bothering you (interfering with LED themes) you can stick a little bit of electrical tape over it for now. There will probably be a BIOS update that fixes the issue later on. I would hold off on updating for now until the platform is a little more mature and more fixes are available.
EpicPants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpicPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 5:27am
Thanks Xaltar! Really appreciate your speedy responses and clarification.
I was going to attempt the beta bios update but i think i should hold it off for now; since everything is running smoothly.

Thanks again!
EpicPants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpicPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 7:39pm
alright, for everyone else that may be facing this,
i have just updated my bios to 1.64 which is the latest version and its showing 24 on the debugger all day long after booting it up; which is very strange
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 7:46pm
May I ask what memory kit?
EpicPants View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EpicPants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 3:27am
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000) C15 for DDR4 Systems, White LED (CMU16GX4M2C3000C15)

Currently using this one; got it off amazon
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 6:51am
I'm not sure the 1E is NOT related yet your board seemingly is running w/o issue(minus the 1E).

So you're aware, Ryzen isn't cognizant of 3000 and 3400 dividers. That, w/o me having the same get up you do, leaves some suspicion that it may be related.

That leaves me to ask you if this kit is in fact running at 3000?? Or maybe a tad lower or higher?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic