ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5.1 Surround Sound Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonzai123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5.1 Surround Sound Issue
    Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 4:59am
I recently purchased a Creative Inspire T6300 speaker system, and hooked everything up correctly to my ASRock X99 Extreme4 motherboard's integrated sound ports. I then opened the Realtek HD Audio Manager and set it to 5.1 Speaker and did a sound test. I listened to each speaker and the sub, and sound was coming from all of them (L, R, LS, RS, Sub, and Center). However, when I play music or games that have 5.1, sound never comes from the side speakers. I've set it for "Full-range Speakers" and set it without those boxes checked.  I've swapped over to 7.1 settings in the Realtek manager, but that also accomplishes nothing. I double-checked both the motherboard and Creative manuals, and it's all hooked up correctly. Is there something I need to enable/disable or is there an easy solution that I'm overlooking? How can I get sound from programs, and not just the speaker testing software, to come out of the side speakers?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2015 at 6:40am
Welcome:

5.1 is front,  rear,  and center/base.  There are only 3 out channels.

Seeing how I missed your  L,R. There are LF, RF, LR, RR, C/B. Which of these is not working.

7.1 is just a split of one LFE channel into four instead of 2.

If you'd also like to see what tech support has to say, can you post the OS you are running and a few examples of the software and games that don't work.

Such as what are you using to play music, are they windows based or third party and names of the software. 

This will help with support.  

Sorry I can't help you, I have never used 5 or 7 integrated as the best thing is optical out to a very good receiver with very good speakers that are using the receivers 5 or 7 channels. 

Edited by odiebugs - 23 Jul 2015 at 8:55am
asrocking
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic