ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Realtek audio makes my headset disappear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potimus1d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:08am
worst case scenario, i can always get the windows default audio driver back right? if i do this? with an update or something? 
only the smartest know, how little they actually know.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:11am
Yea. We'll make sure you have the chance again to blast your eardrums Tongue
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Meh, I'd still leave the nVidia Virtual,

Damn just looked at mine. Leave the nVidia High Definition Audio too if it's not too late

potimus1d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potimus1d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:19am
its ok did a quick system image. gonna try it now ty though.
potimus1d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potimus1d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:48am
http://imgur.com/a/qhyR3

http://imgur.com/a/zqdOF - forgot to crop oh well

http://imgur.com/a/yZYHO

i guess these are my results but haven't yet to see  what i seen  what i circled in the first one.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 11:41am
Originally posted by potimus1d potimus1d wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/qhyR3

http://imgur.com/a/zqdOF - forgot to crop oh well

http://imgur.com/a/yZYHO

i guess these are my results but haven't yet to see  what i seen  what i circled in the first one.

What happened?! You had it in the first picture, the one with the headphone impedance selection, the one you circled and wrote New!

The front panel picture on the right showed the output as Headphone, with Speakers in parenthesis, since that output jack is shared. You had it working as a headphone jack.

The Headphone Impedance Sensing setting is there to match the input impedance of the headphones, which can be quite different between different types of modern headphones. You don't know what that is, right?

Even the highest headphone input impedance is much less than that of your "speaker" input impedance, which is actually the input impedance of the built in amplifier of your speakers. That is what the jack from your speakers is connected to, an amp. That output jack is shared, right? So it must be adjusted to work with the input impedance of the connected device, an amplifier for speakers, or a set of headphones.

I have no clue what you mean by what you wrote about haven't yet to see....

potimus1d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potimus1d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 11:49am
this is what happened when i deleted all the drivers. and reinstalled realtek . its the first time i seen that headphone independence meter or w.e. so what your saying is,  how i change from speakers to headphones is bassicaly by going into realtek and disabling front panel detection? before i did this, ide see headphones in Microsoft default playback devices, to switch from speakers to headphones. all 3 pics are basically the same or after just doing a clean install. or after doing what i just did. but your right i have no idea what that meter is. i cant adjust it or anything just see it. that headphone meter was never there in any previous realtek versions or installs

Edited by potimus1d - 18 Mar 2017 at 11:54am
potimus1d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potimus1d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:11pm
headphones always worked it just i didn't know how to switch from headphones to speakers without having to unplug and re-plug everything. plus in sound blaster cinema 3 (which i need realtek installed to work) still detects my speakers as headphones or vice versa when there is separate option for both (headphones greyed out) and speakers. ( i wonders if just had a USB headset would solve all this lol).  So in Realtek, for 3.5mm headphones, when switching between them and speakers, you just disable front panel detection for headphones? is that how everyone does it? sorry for any misunderstanding. 

Edited by potimus1d - 18 Mar 2017 at 12:20pm
potimus1d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote potimus1d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 12:05am
think ima try a USB headset lol.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 4:10am
Reboot, look at the Realtek Panel then close it, plug your headphones in, then re-open the Realtek panel.

What do you see? A pic please.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic