ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vengeance LPX compatible with Z270 Pro 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
polo567 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polo567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vengeance LPX compatible with Z270 Pro 4
    Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by polo567 polo567 wrote:

In the DRAM Configuration screen, don't select the XMP profile. Instead, use the DRAM Tweaker feature on that screen. Just check every item in the 3200 list, including voltage. Then Save and Exit the UEFI/BIOS and see if it completes POST.

I have the same motherboard, but my memory CMK16GX4M2B3000.
I had the same problems with pass POST.
And this is the only solution that helped me!!!
VCCIO - Auto
VCCSA - Auto

Can you see what the VCCIO and VCCSA voltages are set to in the H/W Monitoring screen, when those settings are on Auto?

Auto for those setting is really standard, were they set to something else if you used the XMP profile, for example?

You said the only solution was using the Auto option for VCCIO and VCCSA, which implies to me that they were set to something else. Each to a specific voltage? That is the only other possibility.

I have found that the Auto setting for VCCIO and VCCSA results in voltages that are much higher than necessary. I've been always able to reduce both of those voltages from the value resulting from using Auto. That is with G.SKILL TridentZ memory, at 3200 and 3600.

Probably I did not correctly speak,
Your solution to the problem has helped, with changing the parameters of RAM through the menu DRAM Tweaker.  Apply the settings for XMP via this menu. Not using profile 1 XMP.
Sorry for my english.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by polo567 polo567 wrote:

In the DRAM Configuration screen, don't select the XMP profile. Instead, use the DRAM Tweaker feature on that screen. Just check every item in the 3200 list, including voltage. Then Save and Exit the UEFI/BIOS and see if it completes POST.

VCCIO - Auto
VCCSA - Auto

Can you see what the VCCIO and VCCSA voltages are set to in the H/W Monitoring screen, when those settings are on Auto?

Auto for those setting is really standard, were they set to something else if you used the XMP profile, for example?

You said the only solution was using the Auto option for VCCIO and VCCSA, which implies to me that they were set to something else. Each to a specific voltage? That is the only other possibility.

I have found that the Auto setting for VCCIO and VCCSA results in voltages that are much higher than necessary. I've been always able to reduce both of those voltages from the value resulting from using Auto. That is with G.SKILL TridentZ memory, at 3200 and 3600.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Dustbag1969 Dustbag1969 wrote:

Hi All,

Tried two sticks in Single channel - Didn't work
Tried one stick in single channel - Didn't work
Tried DRAM Tweaker in UEFI and ticked all of the options for XMP 3200Mhz and clicked Apply not being very optimistic of success - System booted up Smile

Thank you Parsec for your suggestion as I was convinced this wouldn't work but very very happy to be proven wrong.

This is the 2nd set of memory I have tried on this new motherboard and I realise now that the first set was probably OK if I had done the same as I have done today.

Hopefully I finally have a stable system

Thanks again for excellent support on this forum Clap

Sorry, but I just noticed this post. Great, I'm glad that worked for you! Oh, ye of little faith... Wink

As I said, I've done that method myself, and it worked. The little secret about XMP is that using it can set things in the UEFI/BIOS that we don't notice, or cannot see at all.

The XMP profile might set something in the Secondary memory setting, down on the second or third page of the endless memory parameters. That does not happen using DRAM Tweaker, it just does the most basic timings from the XMP profile.

There are many unknown to us settings in the UEFI/BIOS, behind the scenes. Using the XMP profile can cause the UEFI to change some of those things. That again does not happen with DRAM Tweaker.

If you have more problems, please let us know.
polo567 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polo567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 7:32am

VCCIO - Auto
VCCSA - Auto

Edited by polo567 - 25 Mar 2017 at 7:40am
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 1:03pm
Sometimes a little cpu voltage increase may help.
Infinitum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infinitum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:19am

Hi All,

Tried DRAM Tweaker in UEFI and ticked all of the options for XMP 3200Mhz and clicked Apply not being very optimistic of success - System booted up Smile

Thank you Parsec for your suggestion as I was convinced this wouldn't work but very very happy to be proven wrong.

This is the 2nd set of memory I have tried on this new motherboard and I realise now that the first set was probably OK if I had done the same as I have done today.

Did the same but only managed to get 3000 failed to boot at 3200 if i increase voltage will that help?
Dustbag1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dustbag1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 1:57am
Hi All,

ASRock Z270 Pro4,I5-7600K@4.2GHz,16Gb HyperX @3000,Corsair 500Gb SSD and 3Tb HD, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro,Corsair H100, Windows 10 64bit
Infinitum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infinitum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:35am
Im going to try the OC tweaker etc and call up corsair when i have some time if none of that works maybe return the ram like the gentleman above.

when you use the tweaker does it alter the xmp profile of the ram ?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 9:40pm

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have boxed the memory up ready to send back to Amazon but I might try a few of your suggestions and if still no luck send them back on Monday.

One of the suggestions was to switch the memory from Dual channel to Single channel.
Could you tell me how I do this and what sort of effect it has on performance?

Thanks

Sure, most boards have two memory channels, marked A and B. Each channel has two slots, so all four slots are marked A1 A2 B1 B2.

Instead of using slots A2 and B2 as we normally do, just put the memory in slots B1 and B2, or A1 and A2. The slots are numbered on the board, or you can check the manual. Nothing to change in the UEFI/BIOS or anywhere else.

In theory, you will get half the memory bandwidth using one channel only, makes sense. What will happen in a test of that should be one half the bandwidth, but I've never tried that myself.

I'm serious about not using the XMP profile, and using the DRAM Tweaker feature instead. I've been doing it that way with DDR4 memory for a while now.
Dustbag1969 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dustbag1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 8:58pm
Thank you for your suggestions.

I have boxed the memory up ready to send back to Amazon but I might try a few of your suggestions and if still no luck send them back on Monday.

One of the suggestions was to switch the memory from Dual channel to Single channel.
Could you tell me how I do this and what sort of effect it has on performance?

Thanks

ASRock Z270 Pro4,I5-7600K@4.2GHz,16Gb HyperX @3000,Corsair 500Gb SSD and 3Tb HD, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro,Corsair H100, Windows 10 64bit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic