ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No video until boot the 2nd time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haohaoonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No video until boot the 2nd time
    Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:31am
I have recently built my own PC with the following specs:

CPU:AMD FX6300
GPU:GIGABYTE GTX1060 WF OC 3GB
Motherboard: ASRock 970M pro 3

The problem is that there is no video when I turn on the computer the first time, but after I switch off the computer (by holding down the power button) and switch it on again, the video shows up and the computer runs just fine. This has happened ever since I built this computer.

I have updated the drivers of both the GUP and the motherboard to the latest version, yet this problem still persists.

Has anyone come across this problem before? Is there a way that I can trouble shoot the problem?

Thanks,
Hao
mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 2:51am
whats your psu? age/size
how is it set in bios? and plugged in? GPU
and Bios rev would help also

your using nivida with amd try using amd with amd may help also
connect any extra supply's to your gpu where you can
also try a different connection type HDmi-HDmi/ dvi-hdmi/ vga -vga same response?
what are your nivida settings for the card?

check any fast boot/ hibernation settings turn them off

Edited by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u - 18 Mar 2017 at 2:56am
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 7:50am
What's your disk situation? Mix of mechanical and SSD?

How about extra peripherals connected to header pins?

In the past I have had hard drives delay or prevent a computer from booting, even though they appeared to be working normally. You might try cracking the case open, and unplugging everything that isn't absolutely critical to booting your OS. Extra hard drives, solid state drives, DVD/Bluray drives, front panel connections, all USB devices, LAN port, etc ..everything.

Try booting it up afterwards and using it as you normally would. Then power it down and try again. If it seems to be functioning properly, then you can start connecting things one by one to try and narrow it down.

If it still exhibits the same problem, then you can narrow the problem down in the other direction (i.e. everything else).

Edited by twf85 - 18 Mar 2017 at 7:51am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:08am
Originally posted by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u mgrandy@hotmail.co.u wrote:

whats your psu? age/size

^^^^
This I'd like to know, along with is the PSU plugged into an already overloaded power strip maybe?
haohaoonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haohaoonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 12:25am
I updated the BIOS version, and the problem is solved. Smile Thanks.
FYI, the PSU is a new purchase of Thermaltake TR2 500W. 
mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 4:13am
Glad to hear. And thanks for coming back to let us know

Edited by mgrandy@hotmail.co.u - 19 Mar 2017 at 4:20am
fx 9370 asrock, fatal1ty 970 performance 3.1, NZXT phantom f-atx, AeroCool Integrator 850W, Corsair Hydro Series H100
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic