ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer SLI - incorrect voltages and temps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Killer SLI - incorrect voltages and temps
    Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 3:43am
Just a few findings from my last week and half with this motherboard, and I'm on the latest 1.63 BIOS

The voltage reported back to most tools in Windows seems to be half of the CPU voltage set in BIOS. I get ~0.65 in CPU-Z, HWMonitor, AIDA64 with my voltage set to 1.3V

Temperature in tools also seems to be lower, but the temp read back to AIDA64 for CPU Diode seems to match up with Ryzen Master
KBS756 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KBS756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 4:03am
Think Voltage in CPUZ is dividing it in half so its whatever goes to either CCX or something?
ming3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 4:12am
Maybe. Ryzen Master also doesn't report correct numbers when its just monitoring things when I look at it there, as CPU voltage just seems stuck at 1.18.

I'm more concerned that most Windows monitoring tools are sort of useless right now.

is..< size="8" maxlength="8">

Edited by ming3r - 18 Mar 2017 at 4:13am
mkmcgregor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkmcgregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:09pm
That could be true, but other (ASUS) boards I've seen posts for online show CPU-Z with the correct voltage; pictures showing actual voltage. So, this is probably an ASRock issue and hopefully will be fixed in BIOS and will not be a limitation of the board or chip implementation. I've seen posts on the TaiChi above and I've seen this same issue on my B350 Pro 4. It's not a utility, but a MB issue.
ming3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 3:24am
Yeah. I've emailed them and created this thread so I really hope they see it.
ming3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:08am
One last post for now, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the internet saying what 1.70 is. If you go to the BIOS online update you get this...

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 4:52pm
Dear ming3r,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

This model has a PWM control IC to adjust the CPU related setting, so the VCore may not be the same if the reading location is different. 

For AMD Ryzen Master, it read the CPU voltage from CPU internal voltage. 

If other tools read the voltage from PWM IC, it would show the different value because the reading location isn?™t same.

We would suggest user to observe the VCore by our official A-Tunning utility directly.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

ming3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:31am
Thanks for the response! I didn't find the tuning utility before but it looks like it was uploaded today.

I'll give it a go
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic