ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

*Fixed* New Board Beeping Errors.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mallok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Fixed* New Board Beeping Errors.
    Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 5:21am
Just upgraded me machine with x99x killer with a 5820k and 32gb gskill ram, using my existing evga gtx 970, evga supernova 850 power supply and 1 tb 840 evo ssd.

The first time I started it up I got 5 short beeps and several error codes flash through mr debug but the machine boots fine, I reinstalled everything, and tried starting it after removing components over and over still the same thing. Then this morning its changed to 1 long beep 4 short, but cpu fan looks like its running fine.

Everything is running cool, checked ram with windows, cpu with intels diagnosis program, everything passes.

any ideas?

Edited by Mallok - 24 Jul 2015 at 2:42pm
Mallok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mallok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 5:22am
Oh and the bios on the board was 1.50 I flashed it to 1.90 and nothing changed.
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 7:20am
All boards with dr debug run through codes then clears, only if a code stays is it an error. 

Are there any codes that stay ?
asrocking
Mallok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mallok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 10:03am
Thanks, I was wondering about that too. No the codes go away after boot up, the Dr. Debug panel goes dark.
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 10:24am
You should be fine, you're booting windows, check devise MGR for any driver flags,  and run windows update after you're sure there are no driver problems. 

When UEFI/ BIOS runs boot and load GPT or MBR which is windows the power light on board and Dr debug should go clear / dark, this is normal and means the booting had no errors.

Hope you enjoy the board,  if you get a chance get a good surge protector for the PC if you don't already have one, for voltage spikes, nothing can stop direct lightning strikes.  
asrocking
Mallok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mallok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 10:30am
Also I forgot to add I'm using an after market cooler,a cm hyper 212 evo, and I've read that one long and four short beeps is the CPU fan, could that be the problem?
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 10:50am
AMI beep codes, there is no 1 long and 4 short.  At least I can't find it listed by ASrock or AMI.  

1 long is post ok and 4 short is timer fail or first bank memory error. 

Can you post where you see ASrock beep codes that state there is a 1 long and 4 short error code. 

How many sticks of memory do you have, if you have two or more can you unplug PSU and hit power button until you see power button light flash on and make sure power is drained, then take memory out and try only  one  different stick of memory and see if it changes.

Edited by odiebugs - 24 Jul 2015 at 11:48am
asrocking
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 12:18pm
Be sure you have the CPU fan connected to one of the CPU fan headers on the board. I usually connect my CPU fan to the 4 pin header, even if it is a 3 pin fan connector. 

I would also try powering up with no peripherals attached except for keyboard and mouse. On occasion USB devices can cause error beeps if there is something wrong with them. 6 beeps for example is a problem with the keyboard's built in controller. Its not all that common to have multiple beeps and the system still boot so I am suspecting its a warning beep code unlike the usual halt codes. If you still get the beeps try another keyboard and mouse and see if that helps at all. 

Good luck

Mallok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mallok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 12:41pm
I unplugged all my USB stuff and it went back to 5 short beeps, plugging my Logitech mouse back in changed it to one long and four short again.

The one long and four short was for another company, but it was the only reference I could find to that code.

I tried rearranging ram and it didn't change anything. And I tried both CPU fan connectors
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 12:47pm
So I think we are on the right track here, if the connected peripherals change the beep code then that is likely the source of the problem. I would try another (generic brand) keyboard and see if that stops the beeps. I have seen a fair few problems caused by logitech peripherals, not because they are a bad product but because they use a lot of propriety components and firmware which sometimes have compatibility issues with some UEFI systems. 

The reason I am trying to help you alleviate the problem is so you can know for certain where it stems from, if it is in fact the keyboard you can simply put your original keyboard back on the system and ignore the beeps. If it isn't the keyboard then we need to figure out if it is a symptom of a bigger problem.

Edited by Xaltar - 24 Jul 2015 at 12:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic