ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Build, bios freeze

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Build, bios freeze
    Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 5:28am
I'll try the clear again and see if the freezing stops. If not, I'm thinking of trying different RAM since the current G-Skill sticks I have are not on the approved list for this board.

Thanks for all the help.
aburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 5:24am
HahaHa!

G-Skill Model F4-2400C15Q-64GVR

PSU is an EVGA SuperNOVA 1200P2

THanks
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 5:20am
Clear CMOS and try the UEFI again. 

If your UEFI freezing stops after the clear try out the custom fan profiles.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 5:16am
What's the G.Skill part number?

Too. Is this Solar Powered? Or does it have a conventional switching PSU?  Tongue

Edited by wardog - 28 Mar 2017 at 5:16am
aburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 2:59am
Hi All, I recently put together a system with the following pertinent main components:

- ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 LGA 2011-v3 Motherboard (bios v1.4)
- Intel Core i7-6850K Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.6 GHz LGA 2011-V3 140W Processor
- Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Performance Water / Liquid CPU Cooler
- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 128GB (8 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400
- MSI GeForce GTX 980TI GAMING 6G GOLDEN EDITION

On first boot straight to bios:
1. The CPU votage was reading 1.72V which is insanely high
2. The motherboard was only reading (6) out of the eight sticks of RAM
3. The CPU fans are spinning at a constant 1500RPM and can't be adjusted in the bios

After re-seating all the RAM modules, checking all connections and clearing the CMOS, the CPU voltage has dropped down to a relatively constant 1.29V and all (8) RAM modules are being seen giving me the full 128GB of RAM. Now the following issue is happening:

1. Once in the bios, the screen freezes after 30 seconds and the computer has to be restarted manually. I haven't made any changes to settings other than the above. 
2. I still can't adjust the CPU fan speed, or any of the fans connected to the motherboard.

Any help would be most appreciated. I can build a system, but I must admit I'm pretty stupid when it comes to troubleshooting. Thanks in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic