ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming CODE 4F

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mextech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming CODE 4F
    Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 1:02am
Hi,

So i think my bios is bricked....
I decided to update bios to 1.94D - so i download bios to USB flash and install it from UEFI.
Everything wen successfully and pc restarted and from that moment it freez on debug code 4F, i tried almost all.... i even get different memory stick and nothing helps...  i tried to pull out battery, reset CMOS, reset CMOS via switch.

There is really no options to instant flash bios from USB or somting? I have important work to finish on that pc and if i give this board to service it will take more than a month to replace board...

If there is any real options i can do pleas tell me - im really in bad situation right now... so stupid....
Only thing that change things is when i start PC without ram , then i get 4b error code, and pc loop restart.

My spec - 
AMD 1700X
32GB cursair LPX 3000mhz (CMK32GX4M2B3000C15R)
Cooler Master GM Series G750M
8Gb stick of Balistix Sport 2400mhz

ps sorry for English...
twf85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twf85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 4:34am
Well, first off, let's clarify which BIOS you used during the update. The highest beta I'm showing for your board is 1.93D, not 1.94D. Was that a typo on your part, or did you accidentally use a BIOS from another board?

It shouldn't have let you use a BIOS for another board, but we should clarify that.

How long did you leave the battery out for when you tried to clear the CMOS?
Mextech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mextech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 6:20am
Yes, typo. Im writing from phone, so i can make a lot of typo, im sorry...

From bios 1.55

3min
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 7:10am
Contact Cursair and ask them if your memory is compatible.

Since Cursair doesn't have any X370 boards, let alone Z270 boards, on their Memory Finder I, we, can not verify compatibility.
Mextech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mextech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 7:18am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Since Cursair doesn't have any X370 boards, let alone Z270 boards, on their Memory Finder I, we, can not verify compatibility.

So you propose that if i find memory what will work with this board than i need stay with bios 1.55?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Mextech Mextech wrote:

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

So you propose that if i find memory what will work with this board than i need stay with bios 1.55?

No. First you need to cntact Cursair and ask them if your memory is compatible.
beigtapel3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beigtapel3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 7:13pm
Wow, wardog. This is the worst answer to a question I've ever heard...

How do you think he managed to launch the system before and update BIOS with a memory that's not compatible? The system worked fine before but after 1.93D update it doesn't (ironically after a BIOS which improves DRAM compatibility).

I found this thread today, right after one of our customers brought a bricked Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming board. It doesn't POST with any of 5 different brand and capacity DDR4 memory sticks right after 1.93D update and gives the same 4F error. There is only one explanation - 1.93D update bricks the motherboard. Unfortunately there's no solution apart from creating a RMA request.

Clear CMOS doesn't do anything. 4F error code all the time...
Mextech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mextech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by beigtapel3 beigtapel3 wrote:

How do you think he managed to launch the system before and update BIOS with a memory that's not compatible? The system worked fine before but after 1.93D update it doesn't (ironically after a BIOS which improves DRAM compatibility).

I found this thread today, right after one of our customers brought a bricked Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming board. It doesn't POST with any of 5 different brand and capacity DDR4 memory sticks right after 1.93D update and gives the same 4F error. There is only one explanation - 1.93D update bricks the motherboard. Unfortunately there's no solution apart from creating a RMA request.

Clear CMOS doesn't do anything. 4F error code all the time...

Yes, agree, this time wardog didnt help :) In this case corsair is irrelevant - it dont change fact that it worked before, and dont work with 4 different sticks. Fact is that with stock bios and 1.55 all worked fine (memory related) but in 1.93D it dont post. 

Beigtapel3 - thanks for feedback, so im not only one that so lucky.... Yes really ironically i hoped that it start to work better.... but yes its look like 1.93D dont support any RAM @ all - today was in service and tested few ram sticks, nothing helps. Now my work is unfinished and im in a lot of trouble :)

SO people who reading this, dont update bios if u have working board - update only than if u have a lot of free time and u will have replacement. :(

Nemesis.ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesis.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 3:18pm
Just for balance; 1.93D does actually work.

I'm running it (updated from 1.60 in case it matters) with Team RAM.

So it may not be 1.93D that is the problem but an issue with the flashing or particular board etc.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by beigtapel3 beigtapel3 wrote:

Originally posted by Mextech Mextech wrote:

Yes, agree, this time wardog didnt help :) In this case corsair is irrelevant - it dont change fact that it worked before, and dont work with 4 different sticks. Fact is that with stock bios and 1.55 all worked fine (memory related) but in 1.93D it dont post.

I disagree. It booted to BIOS. So what. The BIOS is the rudimentary part of any system to "got to boot".

The OP don't say whether it was stable enough to have managed to install an OS error free. Did it pass a memory test from a bootable drive? Don't know, again.

That a board simply boot, to BIOS, is not IMO, a place to begin flashing a BIOS from. Not until ensuring it's stable.

Did the OP on this one of many of their BIOS updates hose their BIOS due to unstable memory/system?

That's the million dollar question.

And why I infer that Cursair's Memory Finder is dick useless to ANY User of ANY Z270 and X370 motherboard.

Ryzen is completely new architecture, from the ground up.

What have all of you here read on ANY forum or blog being Ryzens Achilles heel? Memory!

So I asked? Please verify compatibility with Cursair on your motherboard.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic