ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 no signal to monitor...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JustToHelp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustToHelp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 no signal to monitor...
    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 6:00pm
Had the exact same problem (power on off cycle about 30s) and the solution was quite simple. Left side of the memory module was not totally in the slot! Needed to hear that "clicking" sound when entering memory on both sides of the slot.

Quite nerve cracking for first time computer assembler to see the motherboard bend like crazy and the amount of force required. I totally thought I bricked it. Hopefully they do these MBs more bend resistant or make easier to enter memory modules...
wk55tw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wk55tw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 1:20am
I have the same issue with mine. The PC went through loop of reboot. Following are my configs:

ASRock ab350 Pro4
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GeIL EVO Potenza 16GB
GTX 1080 8GB Turbo OC GPU
SeaSonic SSR-550M

I already went thru 2 MBs & 2 CPUs. No POST.

vector View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 12:26am
Happened to me one week ago. New vid card came in today. We will see how it goes...
seahawksfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahawksfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by ATLien ATLien wrote:

[QUOTE=harimo]Hey ATLien

I have a similar problem and so this post is really useful. Before i venture out to buy a GPU card, wanted to know the exact symptom you had.

In my case I also do not get anything in the monitor but the PC seems to be in a reboot loop. i.e. comes on for a while and then shuts off and then comes on again. Was this what you saw?

I am wondering if I have some other issue besides the GPU missing

Thanks

I found that my issue was not having a Video card ("Egg-ing" this problem, as I write this). The CPU I installed, doesn't have on board graphics. Went with the AMD Ryzen 7 1700X.

Everything (Mouse, Keyboard, etc) comes on, but no monitor signal.

Never got the reboot loop. Quiet as a whisper.

When I get a card, I'll do a follow up.
[/QUOTE

How did this turn out, I have this exact issue...
ATLien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATLien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:38am
Originally posted by harimo harimo wrote:

Hey ATLien

I have a similar problem and so this post is really useful. Before i venture out to buy a GPU card, wanted to know the exact symptom you had.

In my case I also do not get anything in the monitor but the PC seems to be in a reboot loop. i.e. comes on for a while and then shuts off and then comes on again. Was this what you saw?

Thanks

I found that my issue was not having a Video card ("Egg-ing" this problem, as I write this). The CPU I installed, doesn't have on board graphics. Went with the AMD Ryzen 7 1700X.

Everything (Mouse, Keyboard, etc) comes on, but no monitor signal.

Never got the reboot loop. Quiet as a whisper.

When I get a card, I'll do a follow up.

Edited by ATLien - 01 Jul 2017 at 5:42am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by harimo harimo wrote:

Hey ATLien

Thanks

What processor do you have?
harimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 6:40pm
Hey ATLien

Thanks
ATLien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATLien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:05am
Originally posted by bpl442 bpl442 wrote:

Thank you for the information. Last AMD build for me was 2003. I guess I had blinders on being used to Intel builds having onboard graphics support prior to Intel placing it on the cpu. I did know Ryzen did not have graphics on the cpu but I was convinced it was on the motherboard.

Again, thank you so much,

bpl442

One more thought...

I can't believe I'm going to be the last dummy that will go through this. If you go to Asrock's website and select the AB350 Pro4. It reads...

• ASRock Super Alloy
  • Supports AMD Socket AM4 A-Series APUs (Bristol Ridge) and Ryzen Series CPUs (Summit Ridge)
  • Supports DDR4 3200+ (OC) (Ryzen CPU) / 2400 (A-series APU)
  • 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 4 PCIe 2.0 x1
  • AMD Quad CrossFireX??/li>
  • Graphics Output:HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
  • 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps
  • 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 (SATA3)
  • 8 USB 3.0 (1 Type-C, 2 Front, 5 Rear)
  • Realtek Gigabit LAN

It's only when you click on the "specifications tab" it reads...

Integrated AMD Radeon??R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU

Instead of "in" I think it should be "only with"

Otherwise they might have a a lot of open box items for sale Tongue

Cheers!

Fear not my friend. You weren't the only and last, that had the same problem...maybe not to the extent you went through.

Nevertheless, It took only my 2nd board to find this post, that stopped  me from getting a 3rd MB & CPU, and so on.

I was getting worried that I wasted $600+, because I wanted the latest and greatest. Now I feel a little relieved.

On That note, any recommendations on a decent Video card? If not, don't worry.

Cheers! Beer
bpl442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpl442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:22pm

Oh yes, definitely trying to make myself feel better about being a blockhead Pinch Thanks again to parsec for the help.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by bpl442 bpl442 wrote:

It's only when you click on the "specifications tab" it reads...

Integrated AMD Radeon??R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU

Instead of "in" I think it should be "only with"

Yea. It smarts getting caught out flat footed like that, for all you went through.

But that quoted here above of yours is kinda unfair wouldn't you say WinkTongue

True though. In saying that, it definitely washes away ones humility.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic