ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 no signal to monitor...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpl442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 no signal to monitor...
    Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 4:30am
Hello all,

I really need another set of eyes on this. As I have run out of ideas.

The build is...

AB350 Pro4
Ryzen 1700
Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 3200 2x8 kit in slots A2/B2
WD Caviar Black 640mb hdd
Samsung 204b odd
Corsair VX450 PSU
23" Acer monitor
Using onboard graphics
Gigabyte chassis

The problem is...

I boot the machine fans all spin up, odd spins up as there is a win10 disk waiting, front panel lights working but I get a "no signal" on the monitor.

Checked connection of DVI cable at mobo and monitor. Okay.
Traded out for VGA cable. Reboot and "no signal"
Traded out for 24" Asus monitor using HDMI connection. "no signal"
Went with one stick of memory. "no signal"
Swapped memory sticks. "no signal"
Cleared CMOS. "no signal"
Removed motherboard from chassis and placed on rubber pad. "no signal"

Went back to MicroCenter to exchange for another AB350 Pro4. Also picked up Crucial Ballistix CT9994919 (DDR4 2400 2x8) which Crucial states as compatible with Asrock AB350 Pro4.

Second attempt with second AB350 Pro4...

Using the Crucial memory in A2/B2. Using Acer 23" with DVI connection. "No signal"
Unplugged hdd, odd, keyboard, mouse, speaker jack. So the only connections are main power plug on mobo, ATXV1 4 pin connector, cpu fan and front panel connections ie pwrbtn, reset, led's. "No signal"
Disconnected front panel connections reset button, hdd led +/- and power led +/-. "No signal"
Removed all memory from mobo. Power up and oddly I don't get any beeping. The cpu fan spins up and then 5 seconds later it shut off then repeats this cycle. of course "no signal"
Clear CMOS. "no signal"
Swap out VX450 with a ThermalTake 550w PSU. "no signal"

Back to MicroCenter to exchange CPU

Third attempt with second CPU...

You guessed it. NO SIGNAL TO MONITOR!

To summarize, I tried three different video ports (VGA, DVI and HDMI), two different monitors, two different manufacture and speed of DDR4 memory, two AB350 Pro4 motherboards and two CPU's. Plus as many plugged, unplugged tricks I know. Anyone got any ideas? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
bpl442
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 5:11am
Originally posted by bpl442 bpl442 wrote:

Hello all,

I really need another set of eyes on this. As I have run out of ideas.

The build is...

AB350 Pro4
Ryzen 1700
Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 3200 2x8 kit in slots A2/B2
WD Caviar Black 640mb hdd
Samsung 204b odd
Corsair VX450 PSU
23" Acer monitor
Using onboard graphics
Gigabyte chassis

The problem is...

I boot the machine fans all spin up, odd spins up as there is a win10 disk waiting, front panel lights working but I get a "no signal" on the monitor.

Checked connection of DVI cable at mobo and monitor. Okay.
Traded out for VGA cable. Reboot and "no signal"
Traded out for 24" Asus monitor using HDMI connection. "no signal"
Went with one stick of memory. "no signal"
Swapped memory sticks. "no signal"
Cleared CMOS. "no signal"
Removed motherboard from chassis and placed on rubber pad. "no signal"

Went back to MicroCenter to exchange for another AB350 Pro4. Also picked up Crucial Ballistix CT9994919 (DDR4 2400 2x8) which Crucial states as compatible with Asrock AB350 Pro4.

Second attempt with second AB350 Pro4...

Using the Crucial memory in A2/B2. Using Acer 23" with DVI connection. "No signal"
Unplugged hdd, odd, keyboard, mouse, speaker jack. So the only connections are main power plug on mobo, ATXV1 4 pin connector, cpu fan and front panel connections ie pwrbtn, reset, led's. "No signal"
Disconnected front panel connections reset button, hdd led +/- and power led +/-. "No signal"
Removed all memory from mobo. Power up and oddly I don't get any beeping. The cpu fan spins up and then 5 seconds later it shut off then repeats this cycle. of course "no signal"
Clear CMOS. "no signal"
Swap out VX450 with a ThermalTake 550w PSU. "no signal"

Back to MicroCenter to exchange CPU

Third attempt with second CPU...

You guessed it. NO SIGNAL TO MONITOR!

To summarize, I tried three different video ports (VGA, DVI and HDMI), two different monitors, two different manufacture and speed of DDR4 memory, two AB350 Pro4 motherboards and two CPU's. Plus as many plugged, unplugged tricks I know. Anyone got any ideas? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
bpl442

Sorry to say, but none of the AM4 Summit Ridge Ryzen 7 processors, like your 1700,  include integrated graphics. As stated in the specifications of your board:

Integrated AMD Radeon R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU

Your Ryzen 7 is not an A series APU.

You must use a video card  with Ryzen 7 processors. Just because a mother board has video output connectors, does not mean the processor provides graphics output.

I'm surprised that no one at Microcenter knew that your processor does not have integrated graphics.

bpl442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpl442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:04am
Thank you for the information. Last AMD build for me was 2003. I guess I had blinders on being used to Intel builds having onboard graphics support prior to Intel placing it on the cpu. I did know Ryzen did not have graphics on the cpu but I was convinced it was on the motherboard.

Again, thank you so much,

bpl442

One more thought...

I can't believe I'm going to be the last dummy that will go through this. If you go to Asrock's website and select the AB350 Pro4. It reads...

• ASRock Super Alloy
  • Supports AMD Socket AM4 A-Series APUs (Bristol Ridge) and Ryzen Series CPUs (Summit Ridge)
  • Supports DDR4 3200+ (OC) (Ryzen CPU) / 2400 (A-series APU)
  • 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 4 PCIe 2.0 x1
  • AMD Quad CrossFireX??/li>
  • Graphics Output:HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
  • 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps
  • 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 (SATA3)
  • 8 USB 3.0 (1 Type-C, 2 Front, 5 Rear)
  • Realtek Gigabit LAN

It's only when you click on the "specifications tab" it reads...

Integrated AMD Radeon??R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU

Instead of "in" I think it should be "only with"

Otherwise they might have a a lot of open box items for sale Tongue

Cheers!

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 12:53pm

Yea. It smarts getting caught out flat footed like that, for all you went through.

But that quoted here above of yours is kinda unfair wouldn't you say WinkTongue

True though. In saying that, it definitely washes away ones humility.

bpl442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpl442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:22pm

Oh yes, definitely trying to make myself feel better about being a blockhead Pinch Thanks again to parsec for the help.

ATLien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATLien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:05am

Thank you for the information. Last AMD build for me was 2003. I guess I had blinders on being used to Intel builds having onboard graphics support prior to Intel placing it on the cpu. I did know Ryzen did not have graphics on the cpu but I was convinced it was on the motherboard.

Again, thank you so much,

bpl442

One more thought...

I can't believe I'm going to be the last dummy that will go through this. If you go to Asrock's website and select the AB350 Pro4. It reads...

• ASRock Super Alloy
  • Supports AMD Socket AM4 A-Series APUs (Bristol Ridge) and Ryzen Series CPUs (Summit Ridge)
  • Supports DDR4 3200+ (OC) (Ryzen CPU) / 2400 (A-series APU)
  • 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 4 PCIe 2.0 x1
  • AMD Quad CrossFireX??/li>
  • Graphics Output:HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
  • 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps
  • 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 (SATA3)
  • 8 USB 3.0 (1 Type-C, 2 Front, 5 Rear)
  • Realtek Gigabit LAN

Otherwise they might have a a lot of open box items for sale Tongue

Cheers!

Fear not my friend. You weren't the only and last, that had the same problem...maybe not to the extent you went through.

Nevertheless, It took only my 2nd board to find this post, that stopped  me from getting a 3rd MB & CPU, and so on.

I was getting worried that I wasted $600+, because I wanted the latest and greatest. Now I feel a little relieved.

On That note, any recommendations on a decent Video card? If not, don't worry.

Cheers! Beer
harimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 6:40pm
Hey ATLien

I have a similar problem and so this post is really useful. Before i venture out to buy a GPU card, wanted to know the exact symptom you had.

In my case I also do not get anything in the monitor but the PC seems to be in a reboot loop. i.e. comes on for a while and then shuts off and then comes on again. Was this what you saw?

I am wondering if I have some other issue besides the GPU missing

Thanks
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by harimo harimo wrote:

Hey ATLien

I have a similar problem and so this post is really useful. Before i venture out to buy a GPU card, wanted to know the exact symptom you had.

In my case I also do not get anything in the monitor but the PC seems to be in a reboot loop. i.e. comes on for a while and then shuts off and then comes on again. Was this what you saw?

Thanks

What processor do you have?
ATLien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATLien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:38am
Originally posted by harimo harimo wrote:

Hey ATLien

Thanks

I found that my issue was not having a Video card ("Egg-ing" this problem, as I write this). The CPU I installed, doesn't have on board graphics. Went with the AMD Ryzen 7 1700X.

Everything (Mouse, Keyboard, etc) comes on, but no monitor signal.

Never got the reboot loop. Quiet as a whisper.

When I get a card, I'll do a follow up.

Edited by ATLien - 01 Jul 2017 at 5:42am
seahawksfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahawksfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by ATLien ATLien wrote:

[QUOTE=harimo]Hey ATLien

Thanks

I found that my issue was not having a Video card ("Egg-ing" this problem, as I write this). The CPU I installed, doesn't have on board graphics. Went with the AMD Ryzen 7 1700X.

Everything (Mouse, Keyboard, etc) comes on, but no monitor signal.

Never got the reboot loop. Quiet as a whisper.

When I get a card, I'll do a follow up.
[/QUOTE

How did this turn out, I have this exact issue...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic