ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi Crossfire Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 8:44pm
Have you tried a clear CMOS? Check your manual for your motherboard, but usually you shut down the PC, turn off the power supply, disconnect the power cord, pull the battery and switch the CLR CMOS jumper. Wait a few minutes, then reverse the order.

Also, if your board has a second BIOS,...try it.
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by clubfoot clubfoot wrote:

Have you tried a clear CMOS? Check your manual for your motherboard, but usually you shut down the PC, turn off the power supply, disconnect the power cord, pull the battery and switch the CLR CMOS jumper. Wait a few minutes, then reverse the order.

Also, if your board has a second BIOS,...try it.

Hi clubfoot, thanks for the suggestion. I haven't actually tried a CMOS clear at this stage but I'll hold off trying this as the issue appears to now be resolved.

I've just finished updating Windows 10 to the new 1703 version. After this update I've been able to restart my PC ten times in a row without either Crossfire disabling or an empty blue screen with mouse pointer at the login appearing, so it seems promising at this point.

I'll keep an eye on things and update this thread again if I strike any further issues.

Edited by TooQik - 16 Apr 2017 at 9:22pm
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 2:13am
Excellent! Thumbs Up

Just an FYI, I also found the upgrade method worked better than the clean install of 1703. Because weirdly it changed my Windows version from Pro to Enterprise Confused
mysticjbyrd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticjbyrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 4:39am
I had a 470 laying around, and I put it into my system.  I now have a 480 and 470 in xfire, and I didn't have any issues.  I know this isn't terribly helpful, but I thought you might want to know it's working for others.

I am using bios version 2.0.

EDIT: Solved.  That's good. 

Edited by mysticjbyrd - 17 Apr 2017 at 4:41am
Is "God" able, but not willing to stop evil? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God???

??Epicurus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic