ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question: down grade the bios of FM2A88X-ITX+.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question: down grade the bios of FM2A88X-ITX+.
    Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:13am
BIOS / Advanced / Storage Configuration / SATA Mode: should default to AHCI, NOT RAID
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:06am
Also, you by chance during the BIOS update didn't decide to go RAID on SATA ports 3_5 and or 3_6 did you?

I just read through the boards manual.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 7:48am
I have many E-Sata boxes here.

Update the BIOS, reboot making the appropriate changes, reboot again, uninstall the driver ONLY, reboot, then reinstall the driver.

This has regained connectivity to my Biggest S2S boxes prior.
siau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 10:00pm
Thanks for the information, I am going to flash the old bios (2.60). The esata port multiplier used to work on my probox before I upgraded to latest version of the bios. Cry

Now, the system only recognize the 1st HDD in the probox as the esata port multiplier function went missing.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 1:02pm
I assume you don't like UEFI version 3.00 and want to return to version 2.60, correct?

I have changed to an earlier UEFI version in the past on my ASRock boards, and it worked fine. There are a few rare cases where it is not recommended to change back to an earlier version after a specific version was applied, but that was only for certain Intel mother boards.

I always recommend the Instant Flash update method, and discourage the use of the Windows update method.

UEFI version 3.00 contains a CPU microcode update that allows the use of certain FM2+ processors. That type of update is not done in every UEFI version, meaning the CPU microcode is not overwritten if it is not changed AFAIK. That means the new microcode will remain if you change to an earlier UEFI version. That will not hurt anything, just an FYI.
siau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 10:05am
Ok, I made a mistake by upgrading FM2A88X-ITX+'s bios to latest version. The latest version of the bios disable esata port multiplier function which makes the Hotway Probox(http://www.hotway.com.tw/portfolio/portfolio-ajax/hf2-su3s2/,4 bays esata DAS) only acessing the 1st drive in the bay. The older version bios has no problem accessing all HDD's data.

Can I down grade the version this bios to older version? What are the risks?

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic