ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killer SLI/AC Boot Loop/No Video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:53am
Ok. RMAd and got a new pair of Fortis dimms.

I'm at BIOS ver. 2.10.

The new pair of Fortis no longer leads to a never ending post cycle. However. It doesn't allow me to post either. I have no video and my keyboard and mouse are inactive suggesting that post has failed.

And yes. I did the CMOS jumper clear.

I forgot to mention the Fortis I have are 2666 and the PNY Anarchy are 2400. With the Anarchy everything is peachy. With the Fortis 2666... No go.

This means the maximum memory support of the Killer is 2400 even with the latest BIOS or are I'm I just having bad luck with Fortis?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Chae Chae wrote:

Ok. RMAd and got a new pair of Fortis dimms.

I'm at BIOS ver. 2.10.

The new pair of Fortis no longer leads to a never ending post cycle. However. It doesn't allow me to post either. I have no video and my keyboard and mouse are inactive suggesting that post has failed.

And yes. I did the CMOS jumper clear.

I forgot to mention the Fortis I have are 2666 and the PNY Anarchy are 2400. With the Anarchy everything is peachy. With the Fortis 2666... No go.

This means the maximum memory support of the Killer is 2400 even with the latest BIOS or are I'm I just having bad luck with Fortis?

I have the X370 Killer SLI/ac board, and use G.SKILL FlareX 3200 memory. The default memory speed is 2400, and currently the best I can run it at is 2933:

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-16gfx

The default speed for most DDR4 memory designed for Ryzen is 2400. Check the specs for my FlareX memory, the default speed is 2400.

Is this your Fortis memory?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232515&ignorebbr=1

Apparently so new it is not shown on G.SKILL's website. The maximum speed for Fortis memory currently listed is 2400 on G.SKILL's website.

Your memory seems to default to 2666 according to a review I read about it. That is unusual but apparently is true. No spec page at G.SKILL's website so impossible to check.

http://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=31&series=2953&prop_14=0&prop_2=0&prop_6=0&prop_3=0&prop_4=0&prop_1=0

You're using the 2.10 UEFI correct? Did you check that in the UEFI itself, or in Windows?

Did you use the 2.10 UEFI with your first (RMA'd) kit of Fortis?

Not sure what to tell you, it is a new model but being Ryzen specific it should work IMO. Do you have a POST beep speaker installed, and the POST beep option enabled in the UEFI? When I have memory problems with an unsupported speed, I get three POST beeps. That's about the only way I can think of to determine if POST is failing to complete because of a memory issue.

I've run my FlareX at 2666 and 2933, so 2666 is not the maximum memory speed of this board. No POST and three beeps at 3200 so far for me.

Increasing the SOC voltage above the default 0.900V is suggested to help with Ryzen memory over clocks. But you need to get into the UEFI to do that, right? Ouch

Memory compatibility with Ryzen has been such a mess. Ridiculous your first set did not work at all. Angry  G.SKILL support claims that the Ryzen memory controller in the CPU may not be able to reach 3200, since that is an OC. 2666 is considered an OC as well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic