ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PCI lane sharing on X370 Gaming K4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radical_53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 12:45am
Yes, well I'm not on the Taichi. This is the Gaming K4, one of the two cheaper X370 offerings.
On my board, there's nothing like "AMD PBS", but only "AMD CBS" under the "advanced" tab.

I will try another long & thorough CMOS clear. Is there anything that can be done for a bios flash? I've had boards that allowed for a different bios flashing method, usually started from DOS, which could result in a better and more complete flash (the short/normal method would only update parts of the bios, the other one would re-write everything).
Just another idea. After that I'll hope the other GPU arrives here quickly, as I would love to get around the hassle to return the board.
Radical_53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radical_53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:15pm
I just received a small 750Ti graphics card and guess what? It started at PCIe 3.0 16x right away.

The mysterious part is that my old platform had issues with PCIe link speed also... there, it dropped all the way down to 4x though.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:43pm
well the plot thickens
i did look and my rx480
reports in gpuz
bus interface pcie x13 3 @x16 but then it fluctuates between 1.1 and 3
on idle it seems to stay at 1.1 and when i click the ? and run small render test it stays on 3
incidently also
i checked my bios and my options have changed from the link i posted
now i have options of
auto
gen1
gen2

very confusing

[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Radical_53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Radical_53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:26am
That's a totally different animal. What you're experiencing is nothing but power saving working correctly :)
It stays at 16x.
Mine was at 8x with this board, and with a different GPU & board even at 4x. Whatever I do to these busses...
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:06am
Does your 480 have dual BIOS? Check the switch position should be A.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic