ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X370 Taichi LLC concerns?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticjbyrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X370 Taichi LLC concerns?
    Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 1:49am
Buildzoid recently did a video in which he reviewed the Taichi's VRM.  In that video, he briefly talked about the LLC of the Taichi, and noticed some concerning numbers when he tried to measure the voltage compared to what the software was telling him. 

Here is the video,
https://youtu.be/_ic5d5qAhBU?t=20m47s

Vcore set to 1.375v
3.7 GHz

LLC Level  Idle V  Load V
Level 1 = 1.381v  1.461v
Level 2 = 1.380v  1.445v
Level 3 = 1.380v  1.431v
Level 4 = 1.377v  1.401v
Level 5 = 1.375v  1.385v

I don't have the means to directly measure the Vcore, but according to software I get some somewhat seemingly peculiar results myself. 

Vcore set to 1.35v
3.9 GHz

LLC levels 1 & 2 cause very high overvoltage.
LLC level 3,4, & 5 show LESS voltage than I set in bios. 

I am currently using vcore = 1.35v with LLC level 3, which shows my Vcore at 1.344v under load. 

I am not sure what to make of this.   Is buildzoid wrong?  Is the software Trustworthy?  Should I try to redo my OC with LLC5?

Is "God" able, but not willing to stop evil? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God???

??Epicurus
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 6:35am
as i understand it
and im quite sure im right
level 1 is supposed to be the tightest fixing of volts eg they should not move much

level 5 is the most relaxed eg it can drop a lot lower than you are trying to maintain

mine is at level 2 and seems to stay very very close to what i set
i cant recall exactly what i set it on in *p states* it was either (hex code 1f ) 1.356v or (hex code 27) which is 1.306v
either way im used to seeing no more than 1.36v

it is late and i had to check my scrap paper notes i have a tick by 1.306v but i cant remember if that was stable and i left it or had to switch back to 1.356v

Edited by datonyb - 17 Apr 2017 at 6:37am
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
lowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 6:13pm
[URL=][/URL][URL=][/URL][URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by mysticjbyrd mysticjbyrd wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Buildzoid recently did a video in which he reviewed the Taichi's VRM.? In that video, he briefly talked about the LLC of the Taichi, and noticed some concerning numbers when he tried to measure the voltage compared to what the software was telling him.?

Here is the video,

Vcore set to 1.375v
3.7 GHz

LLC Level? Idle V? Load V
Level 1 = 1.381v? 1.461v
Level 2 = 1.380v? 1.445v
Level 3 = 1.380v? 1.431v
Level 4 = 1.377v? 1.401v
Level 5 = 1.375v? 1.385v

I don't have the means to directly measure the Vcore, but according to software I get some somewhat seemingly peculiar results myself.?

Vcore set to 1.35v
3.9 GHz

LLC level 3,4, & 5 show LESS voltage than I set in bios.?

I am currently using vcore = 1.35v with LLC level 3, which shows my Vcore at 1.344v under load.?

I am not sure what to make of this.?? Is buildzoid wrong?? Is the software Trustworthy?? Should I try to redo my OC with LLC5?

Buildzoid got it all wrong, took DMM measurements from the wrong place and came to the wrong conclusions.

A guy on Extremesystems Forums, username Chew took DMM measurements on Taichi from the pad at the back of the socket (he was avdised by mobo engineers to take readings there) and the conclusion from those readings is;

Bios setting of 1.4v and LLC Level 1 equal 1.4v DMM reading at socket.

Also don't trust the software for readings as they are usually way off. Just know that with this board if you set a voltage and use LLC level 1 it will be pretty smack on to actual volts as confirmed by Chews findings from taking DMM readings at the correct plece.

Use LLC level 1 or 2 and you'll be pretty good to go with volts matching what you set in bios.....just don't trust software readouts.

Edited by lowdog - 17 Apr 2017 at 6:20pm
mysticjbyrd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticjbyrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 3:08am
Originally posted by lowdog lowdog wrote:

[URL=][/URL]Buildzoid recently did a video in which he reviewed the Taichi's VRM.? In that video, he briefly talked about the LLC of the Taichi, and noticed some concerning numbers when he tried to measure the voltage compared to what the software was telling him.?

Here is the video,

Vcore set to 1.375v
3.7 GHz

Level 1 = 1.381v? 1.461v
Level 2 = 1.380v? 1.445v
Level 3 = 1.380v? 1.431v
Level 4 = 1.377v? 1.401v
Level 5 = 1.375v? 1.385v

I don't have the means to directly measure the Vcore, but according to software I get some somewhat seemingly peculiar results myself.?

Vcore set to 1.35v
3.9 GHz

I am currently using vcore = 1.35v with LLC level 3, which shows my Vcore at 1.344v under load.?

I am not sure what to make of this.?? Is buildzoid wrong?? Is the software Trustworthy?? Should I try to redo my OC with LLC5?

Buildzoid got it all wrong, took DMM measurements from the wrong place and came to the wrong conclusions.

A guy on Extremesystems Forums, username Chew took DMM measurements on Taichi from the pad at the back of the socket (he was avdised by mobo engineers to take readings there) and the conclusion from those readings is;

Also don't trust the software for readings as they are usually way off. Just know that with this board if you set a voltage and use LLC level 1 it will be pretty smack on to actual volts as confirmed by Chews findings from taking DMM readings at the correct plece.

Use LLC level 1 or 2 and you'll be pretty good to go with volts matching what you set in bios.....just don't trust software readouts.

Yah, I was afraid of that.  Do you have a link to Chew's testing!?  ty btw
Is "God" able, but not willing to stop evil? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God???

??Epicurus
GenesisDoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenesisDoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 3:12am

Originally posted by lowdog lowdog wrote:

Here is the video,

Vcore set to 1.375v
3.7 GHz

Level 1 = 1.381v? 1.461v
Level 2 = 1.380v? 1.445v
Level 3 = 1.380v? 1.431v
Level 4 = 1.377v? 1.401v
Level 5 = 1.375v? 1.385v

Vcore set to 1.35v
3.9 GHz

Yah, I was afraid of that.  Do you have a link to Chew's testing!?  ty btw
< ="chrome-extension://hhojmcideegachlhfgfdhailpfhgknjm/web_accessible_resources/index.js">

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuXIT_CHdcs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwM7HmREc5Y
Taichi X370, Ryzen 1700 @ 4ghz, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Ram, Samsung 960 EVO nvme, Intel 600P nvme, 2TB Seagate HDD, 2TB Hitachi HDD, 1TB Mushkin SSD, GTX 1080
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic