ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer dual vcore contorl?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DireWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Killer dual vcore contorl?
    Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 11:02am
There are two voltage controls for my cpu in my killers ufei. One under overclock mode when I turn it from auto to manual control, and then under the voltage contorl section where it sbould be...

I have watch videos on other x370 asrock mobos and I havent seen this in there ufeis.

I want to get my most stable oc I can get, but I have no idea why the frick there is a voltage contorl under the overclocking section.

Should I keep the vcore under the overclocking section stock and use the vcore in the voltage control. Or put my vcore on auto and use the vcore control under the overclocking mode?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 6:47pm
this added voltage wasnt there on the taichi bios version 1.6 but appeared on v2.0
in fact that now makes three different places to set cpu v core (the other way is in the p states overclock section)

heres what i done :
the top voltage section (eg right by the cpu speed setting) auto
the lower part of bios page i set to fixed and set the llc to level 2

then on advanced page under zen options i have set the actual voltage in the p states tuning
this seems stable and very precise when monitoring

i followed the guide/walkthrough by a you tube reviewer called tech city he was using the taichi board and bios (the earlier one with this extra voltage setting)

so to sum up ive ignored the settings highest up the page of the bios tuning section (the one not shown on tech citys bios video)

hope this helps

EDIT here you go a link to the video i was talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Tw-wcT7o4

Edited by datonyb - 17 Apr 2017 at 7:23pm
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:03pm
Dear DireWolf,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

If you would like to modify CPU voltage, please follow below path in BIOS setup:

In BIOS \ OC Tweaker \ CPU Configuration \ CPU Voltage
In BIOS \ OC Tweaker \ Voltage Configuration \ Fixed (Offset) Voltage

Note: If you set CPU voltage and Fixed (Offset) Voltage at the same time, CPU voltage would only change based on Fixed (Offset) Voltage setting.

However, the O.C mode is not guaranteed, it depends on whole configuration and other parameters, please understand it.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

manofsteel00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manofsteel00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:58am
Hello I was wondering same thing as previous poster and I am not sure I fully understand the answer you posted.

Are you saying we should set both voltage controls to make sure to obtain the proper voltage or are u saying to only use the fixed (offset) one as you can t be certain that the one under core frequency will properly control the voltage.

Currently I have set both to the same voltage on my x370 killer SLI and want to make sure this is the right way to go about it.

Thank you for a quick response
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic