ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AsRock AB350 Pro4 fans control problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AsRock AB350 Pro4 fans control problem
    Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 11:55pm
Hi, I have a problem with my motherboard AsRock AB350 Pro4
I have Noctua NH-D15 (2x140mm fans) and I use it with the slitter because there is only 1 CPU fan connector on the mobo. Everything is fine with both fans, they are fully controlled by the motherboard.

BUT

I have 3 PC-case fans (it is stock case fans of Cosair 780T) - 2 on the front and 1 on the back. All this fans has 3-pin connectors.
So, I tried to use this fans with mobo. Unfortunately, CHASSIS_FAN1 works on constant speed only. The other two fans (1 in the fornt and one the back) are fully controlled by the motherboard.

Please help me. How to make the first front fan (that is connected to CHASSIS_FAN1) to work with motherboard speed control?

PS
For speed adjustment I've used then latest version of original ASRock A-Tuning utility ver:3.0.137 Windows® 10 64bit 40.93MB 4/11/2017

Thanks!
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:03am
For full control it must be a four pin fan.
EGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:24am
Look, this is fan test of CPU (2x Noctua 140mm / 4-pins)

Chassis_Fan1
Chassis_Fan2
Chassis_Fan3

As you can see, all fans can be speed controlled by the motherboard, no matter it's 4-pins or 3-pins fan.

Only Chassis_Fan1 has a constant speed. And I think it is software (UEFI) problem.
ruspartisan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruspartisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 12:20am
If you plan to adjust fan speeds according to CPU temperatures, you can connect Noctua's fans to the problematic header, and connect the case fan to CPU header, and change control method from PWM to DC. It's a dirty hack, but may work.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:01pm
Dear EGN,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

On this model, if you want to customize the fan speed on Chassis_Fan1, please connect 4-pin fan on it. 
Otherwise, the fan speed will only work at full speed with 3-pin fan.

Please refer below link, it provides detailed description.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic