ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virus in Bios Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virus in Bios Update
    Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 5:37pm
In trying to update my bios to 1.60 on my fatality board, my virus software says it contains a virus.

What is up wit that?

Art
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2015 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by AFret AFret wrote:

In trying to update my bios to 1.60 on my fatality board, my virus software says it contains a virus.

What is up wit that?

Art

Quite a few ASRock Fatal1ty boards, over 20 models currently available. Which one do you have?

Most likely a problem with the anti-Virus software, not unknown for them to make a mistake. Which anti-Virus software are you using?

Did you happen to try downloading a different BIOS version for your (??) board and see if that version is also said to contain a virus?
odiebugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odiebugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 7:44am
If you downloaded from ASrock, there's no virus.  If you download the windows version and not the instant flash, it might have mistaken the software for a virus.  
Even safe software can make a false positive.  

By the way, windows defender is the worst garbage on the planet.

Edited by odiebugs - 14 Jul 2015 at 7:45am
asrocking
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic