ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

WiFi module for x370 Killer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuppetThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WiFi module for x370 Killer?
    Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 5:48am
Does anyone know where I can source the components that make up the WiFi module on the x370 killer mobo?

Sadly the A/C version of this motherboard doesn't appear to be available in the UK (or anywhere in Europe, for that matter). I don't know who makes the distribution decisions at ASRock, I've been trawling the web and commenting on forums attended by ASRock reps but they are ignoring the question and it sucks :(

TaiChi is out of my budget so I'm going to have to get the non A/C version of the board and come up with another idea for WiFi. USB WiFi stick is not good enough and I'd rather keep a PCI-E slot clear when there is already a predetermined place to put the Intel card and mount the antennas at the top of the board...

Can the module package be bought separately? 
thanks
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:10am
theres the same question asked on overclockers.co.uk  (i think the asrock rep is looking into it)

from what i can gather its a bit wierd on the taichi as we have a riser card but the wifi and bluetooth is in an m2 slot hidden under our chipset heatsink i think  (think being the key word ) i read something about it weeks ago but didnt take much notice

the point being is ...... would you have to find the riser the atteni and the m2 card as well ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
MuppetThumper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuppetThumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:42am
Yep the whole package. but if the M2 slot is not accessible (I've not seen the mobo in person)... then I guess we're all out of luck. 

On the non ac version you still get the two holes for the antenna cut out of the back though - taunting you!
debaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote debaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 6:48am
Wi-Fi module on the Killer SLI/Ac is an Intel 3168ngw

Here you can see a close-up picture http://i.imgur.com/eJL5eud.jpg
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 8:21am
Yes, Intel 3168, which is connected directly to its M.2 slot as shown in the picture above.

More information: http://ark.intel.com/products/94854/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-3168
MuppetThumper2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuppetThumper2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:32am
Thanks for the pic and confirmation guys

I can pick up one of those Intel cards relatively cheaply, which is great, and gives me confidence I can adapt the non AC version to become AC :)

Is it easy enough to attach the other bits (e.g. the dual antennae etc) or there are some other bespoke parts that come with the complete Wifi module?

cheers
Luiz Gianco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luiz Gianco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:30pm
Hello,

I'm a new member here and will be glad if you can help me...

Anyone know if X370 Killer SLI suports M.2 module Intel 8265ngw ?

Thanks for your attention...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Luiz Gianco Luiz Gianco wrote:

Hello,

I'm a new member here and will be glad if you can help me...

Anyone know if X370 Killer SLI suports M.2 module Intel 8265ngw ?

Thanks for your attention...

Can't say myself. Pass it by the whiz kids at https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

The combo card that comes with the SLI/ac is the Intel AC-3168(3168ngw?) and can be bought for around the same $15.00USD as the 8265ngw.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:42pm
Ahhh

That 8265 is a 2x2 card.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/compare-products.html?productIds=94150,94854
Luiz Gianco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luiz Gianco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 9:58pm
The intel 3168 and the Intel 8265 has the same physical dimensions, 22mm x 30mm x 2.4mm, and according the informations that I found here the KILLER SLI/ac, uses the Intel 3168... Then, I repeat the question, the KILLER SLI will accept the Intel 8265 model without problems ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic