ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 Overclocking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 Overclocking
    Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:30am
I'm curious to hear overclocking feedback from others on this board.

I have a 1600 that I can only get stable at 3700mhz @1.35 volts.  At 3800mhz @1.4 volts I can get Cinebench to run, but after about 2-3 minutes of Prime95 the PC shuts down (fans and lights still on, but no display).  Temps only get to 77 or so on CPU.

In addition, I have the new G.skill flarex 3200 memory kit, but I can't get it past 2933.  If I try 3200, it just cycles 5 times and resets to 2400.  Kind of a bummer, but I'm guessing they'll fix that eventually.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:28am
are you overclocking in first page/tab in the bios or under the hidden p states section ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
DavinD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 2:59am
I don't know of a hidden section.  I used the second tab (if you include home screen as first tab) in bios.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:46am
ok so hers an educational video link (i followed this to overclock mine using the *pstates*
watch the video first half is simple overclocking like your doing second half is a bit harder but the guy walks you through it like a dummies guide book and lists all the various settings in a list below the video in the description
if you dont feel comfy after watching it once watch it again and it all falls into place esp. if you watch it on a laptop or tablet while just lookinjg at your own bios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Tw-wcT7o4
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
DavinD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:20am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

ok so hers an educational video link (i followed this to overclock mine using the *pstates*
watch the video first half is simple overclocking like your doing second half is a bit harder but the guy walks you through it like a dummies guide book and lists all the various settings in a list below the video in the description
if you dont feel comfy after watching it once watch it again and it all falls into place esp. if you watch it on a laptop or tablet while just lookinjg at your own bios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Tw-wcT7o4

I'm honestly looking for feedback from someone who has this particular board to see if others can reach speeds higher than 3.7 on a 1600.  I'm trying to determine if the board is limiting me or if it's the processor.  One issue is that I can't find a SoC setting in the bios.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic